St Nectarios Burwood Greek School is an afternoon and Saturday morning language school with around 120 Students in 13 classes, located in 4 venues: Burwood Public School, Concord Public School, Strathfield South Public School, and the Cottage of St Nectarios Church in Burwood. St Nectarios Burwood Greek School is supported by a committed teaching body and Parish/Community Board, a highly active Parish Priest, and a dynamic parent community. The school is known for its strong reputation, the committed group of staff who work in collaboration; all the while maintaining the underpinning of Gospel values, religious teachings, and the preservation of our Greek culture. Our aim is to ensure every student can actively engage in the learning opportunities and enjoy learning the Greek language and culture in a safe, respectful, and supportive environment.
Applications are sought from high quality educators who are committed to ongoing professional growth, who have a love of Greek language and culture, an enthusiasm to inspire and guide a new generation of Greek-speakers, and a willingness to contribute to the community.
Applicants have the option of taking one or more classes in addition to their School Principal role.
1. Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice.
2. Demonstrate a capacity to lead and implement quality differentiated Greek teaching programs, in accordance with the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Modern Greek K-10 Syllabus.
3. Demonstrated capacity to effectively strengthen and evaluate whole school progress and create a culture of continuous improvement and high expectations.
4. Demonstrated leadership experience with the capacity to integrate technology, future focused pedagogies and collaborative practices.
5. Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage with students, staff, parents, and parish priest.
6. Teaching Bachelors’ Degree, from a Greek or Australian University.
7. At least 4 years of teaching Modern Greek in Australia, preferably in Primary School settings.
8. Well immersed and aligned with the Greek Orthodox faith and practice.
Applicants are encouraged to contact Fr George prior to submitting their application, to discuss the position in more detail.
Applicants are to address the selection criteria in a cover letter in no more than a total of 1000 words. They are to also include their resume and contact details of 2 referees.
Applicants are to include details of their WWC clearance number as part of their application.
Contact: Fr George Liangas, ph: 0415 124 709, [email protected]