- Part-time (2-days per week), 3 year fixed-term contract
- Essential Qualifications: Registration of the Medical Board of Australia; Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Medical Administration (FRACMA)
- Desirable qualifications: Post fellowship qualification or training in education, innovation and strategy
Reporting to the Executive Director, Academic and Medical Services and Chief Medical Officer, the Group Director of Medical Education will be a key driver of Epworth’s strategic intent to become a leading academic healthcare organization, through the integration of clinical practice with education and research.
You will provide strategic leadership for medical education at undergraduate, postgraduate and specialist levels across the Epworth Group.
You will also support the academic directions of Epworth within relevant academic and professional communities in Australia and internationally.
The principal accountabilities of the Director of Medical Education are to:
- Ensure the highest standards of medical education at Epworth across all medical staff and students
- Support the development and implementation of the Epworth Medical Education Strategy including the development of appropriate award and recognition programs
- Provide academic leadership for the design, development and delivery of medical education for undergraduate and postgraduate students, doctors in training, surgical assistants, fellows and specialists at Epworth
- Provide support to the Epworth clinical faculty (including clinical tutors, associate deans and clinical supervisors) in the development of academic/training programs and curricula, and CPD programs for VMOs
- Support the development and optimisation of Epworth’s Clinical Education and Simulation Centres
- Contribute to development of e-learning curricula and inter-professional education
- Work with Chief Medical Officer in clinical governance issues
- Strengthen the Epworth’s relationship with affiliated University Medical Schools, APHRA Medical Board, Postgraduate Medical Council of Victoria, Medical Colleges and medical professional associations
- Act as the authorised delegate of the Deputy Chief Medical Officer/Group Director, Academic and Medical Services for being the point of contact for ‘Doctor in Training’ post accreditation organisations such as the Postgraduate Medical Council of Victoria and the Specialty Medical Colleges
- Forge strong external partnerships with other education stakeholders i.e. governments, health and non-governmental organizations, philanthropists and funding agencies
- Develop vertical integration of medical education from medical student to continued professional development and develop partnerships for Epworth to be leading provider of highly skilled training to established specialists
Skills & Experience
In your application, please address the following key selection criteria:
- Outline your experiences and knowledge of contemporary practice in Medical Administration (GDAMS) or in Medical Education
- Describe your leadership skills and how you have led a team to success
- Provide recent examples where you have worked effectively with committees and boards
- Provide examples of when you have demonstrated strategic thinking, organisation and administration
- Outline a high-level vision for the role/s should you be successful
What we offer you
- Access to salary packaging of up to $9,010 p.a.
- Discounted private health insurance
- Reduced out-of-pocket expenses for health services at Epworth
- Access to the largest educational scholarship program of its kind in Australia
Epworth HealthCare is Victoria’s largest not for profit private hospital group, renowned for excellence in diagnosis, treatment, care and rehabilitation at 11 locations across Melbourne and Geelong. At Epworth, our patients are at the heart of everything we do. Supported by world-class facilities, we integrate clinical practice with education and research in order to deliver outstanding patient care every day.
Enquire/Apply for this Position
Sound interesting? To apply, click the APPLY button now and attach your CV and cover letter.
For more information, refer to the attached position description or contact Luis Prado on 0413 601 455.
As a child safe organisation, all successful applicants are required to satisfactorily clear a National Police Check (conducted by Epworth) and hold a valid employee Working with Children Check (provided by you).
Note: Applications from Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted.
Contact Person Luis Prado – Executive Director, Academic & Medical Services And Chief Medical Officer
Contact Number 0413 601 455
Contact Email lu[email protected]
Closing Date 24/09/2020
Position Description PD – Group Director Medical Education – 09092020.pdf Open
Please Note : This advertisement will close at 11.45pm on the closing date.
All applications must be submitted on line and prior to the closing date – late applications will not be accepted.
For queries relating to the position call the contact person listed.
For assistance using this eRecruit system call the Recruitment Service Centre on (03) 9936 8012.
Failed loading page (Protocol “” is unknown)