This continuous applicant pool is open for candidates that meet the mandatory requirements of the Guidance Officer role as detailed in the attached role description. Appointments progressed as a result of this applicant pool (and extension to this appointment) will not extend beyond 12 months.
Applications will be reviewed and considered throughout 2020, if and when Guidance Officer vacancies are identified. The submission of an application to this applicant pool does not guarantee an offer of employment or an application assessment response from the region.
As a Guidance Officer you will:
* provide professional expertise, leadership and support to school communities and networks in the development and implementation of plans, programs, and procedures to assist students in achieving positive educational, developmental and lifelong learning outcomes
* collaboratively negotiate, develop and implement programs for students that have a focus on preventative and early intervention strategies; are responsive to identified personal, social, emotional and educational needs; and aim to foster resilience and personal skills development.
The role of Guidance Officer includes the following mandatory requirements:
* Current full registration or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. Information on registration requirements is available at firstname.lastname@example.org or on toll free 1300 720 944.
* A minimum of two (2) years full-time, supervised experience working with children and young people in an education, child protection or counselling environment;
AND one of the following:
* Completed coursework Masters, majoring in guidance and counselling, or an equivalent completed Masters including study in the areas of pychoeducational assessment, counselling and mental health.
* Full registration as a psychologist through the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) Psychology Board or a fourth year qualification in psychology that will enable general registration as a psychologist through the AHPRA Psychology Board following completion of the board approved internship or accredited sequence of study.
* Qualifications relevant to the role, which in the opinion of the Director-General of the department are acceptable.
Applicants applying for this pool must have completed or be in the process of completing appropriate qualifications by the end of 2019 in line with the mandatory requirements of the Guidance Officer position.
How to Apply
* a one A4 page statement detailing your qualifications, experience and capabilities relevant to the Guidance Officer role;
* a brief Curriculum Vitae no more than 3 pages including contact details of 2 referees (one of whom is your current supervisor); and
* complete the online questionnaire (the questionnaire will open after you click apply and have entered your personal details).
* Please do not submit responses to selection criteria.
As responses to this advertisement form part of a continuous applicant pool, applicants are requested to withdraw their application in the situation where they are no longer available or interested in pursuing Guidance Officer employment opportunities.
• Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.