negotiable / month
- Inform business decision making across the organisation
- Lead a high performing team
- Permanent role with executive development opportunity
About the Organisation
This organisation operates and maintains over $2 billion dollars’ worth of assets and infrastructure to deliver key services to the Canberra community. They are an inclusive employer with an environmentally conscious approach, and they are a valued community partner. They offer a great range of career opportunities and an excellent working culture for their people.
This role is based in Canberra and would require relocation for interstate applicants. The role offers the opportunity to work on interesting projects across the business and engage with a broad range of stakeholders including the executive cohort. Take advantage of the opportunity to lead a high performing team and develop your own career path towards senior management.
Key benefits include:
- Challenging and interesting work on a range of complex, multi-faceted business challenges
- See how the results and outcomes from your work change the business and improve the value of outcomes
- Work with an employer who values health and wellbeing for their people and supports ongoing professional development
- Attractive salary package and flexible benefits
The commercial finance team works to enable the business to deliver sustainable financial value in an efficient and informed manner. Reporting to the CFO, you will lead the team in partnering with the business to:
- Identify and analyse opportunities to drive efficiencies within the business through the provision of sound commercial advice based on astute evaluation
- Identify risk implications of various business cases and transactions and propose alternatives
- Aid and enable contract negotiations and procurement activity in line with the organisation’s compliance framework
- Partner with the executive to implement initiatives, develop new business cases and lead commercial negotiations
- Build relationships with other business areas including the core finance team and promote collaborative relationships and cohesive effort
- Lead, mentor, train and develop your team
Your Background and Experience
This role will suit an experienced commercial finance professional. You will enjoy working in an advisory capacity across a range of complex challenges and leading your team to deliver significant added value to the business. Our ideal person will offer:
- Sufficient experience in helping commercial businesses identify growth opportunities, analyse financial outcomes and achieve outstanding results
- A senior financial advisory background from a top tier consulting firm or similar would be well suited to this role
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in finance, CA/CPA and strong procurement expertise
- Demonstrated experience in working with the senior executive cohort in an advisory capacity with proven ability to present ideas and alternatives backed up by sound analysis and evaluation evidence
- Proven leadership credentials with the ability to bring teams together and develop people
Salary / Rate
- $200K package with flexible super arrangements
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact David Harrington on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. 11712.
Report this job advert
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs.
Learn how to protect yourself here .
Classification Accounting Management Accounting & Budgeting