negotiable / month
Calliope State High School is seeking a Head of Department – English/ Humanities and Languages to join the Senior Leadership team where you will be responsible for improving educational outcomes of students in the school.
- Job Type: Temporary
- Position Type: Full-time
- Location: Rockhampton region
- Yearly Salary: $114886 – $120682
- Contact Name: Su Ling Yong
- Contact Number:
- Closing Date: 19-JAN-21
Image Courtesy of Calliope State High School
About Calliope State High School
Calliope State High School is a brand new, educational facility for the township of Calliope. The establishment of our school has been a passion driven by the community for a number of years and we are pleased to see the school come to life in 2020. The staff and community are extremely excited to build traditions within the school and develop a reputation of excellence that will stand as a legacy moving into the future.
As the Head of Department you will have responsibility for the following:
- Lead the school department to develop, articulate and commit to a shared educational vision focussed on providing quality learning outcomes for all students.
- Embed socially just practices in daily school life.
- Set high standards for student and staff performance.
- Actively participate in lifelong learning and ongoing professional development.
- Form partnerships with students, parents, other government agencies, and community groups.
- Be futures oriented and strategic.
- Understand the legislation and policies that impact on schooling especially in relation to students and staff within the school department.
- Manage the human, financial, facilities and curriculum resources of the school department to achieve goals.
A mandatory requirement of this role is:
- Current full registration or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. For more information please CLICK HERE.
- Teachers working in Education and Care Services (including State Delivered Kindergarten programs) require an exemption card issued by Blue Card Services. For more information please CLICK HERE.
To apply please attach the following:
- A brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- A maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under the ‘How you will be assessed‘ section in the attached role description.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.