negotiable / month
An exciting opportunity exists for a motivated and dynamic educator to join the leadership team at Pine Rivers State High School. As the Head of Department – Industrial Design and Technology, you will lead curriculum focus in line with school and departmental initiatives, participate in delivering the vision of State Schools Division, develop the quality of teaching and learning, nurture positive relationships between students, teachers and stakeholders. The start date of this position will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
- Job Type: Temporary
- Position Type: Full-time
- Location: Moreton Bay – South
- Yearly Salary: $114886 – $120682
- Contact Name: Su Ling Yong
- Contact Number:
- Closing Date: 31-JAN-21
Image Courtesy of Pine Rivers State High School
About Pine Rivers State High School
First opened in 1964, Pine Rivers State High School is a large school, which has gained an excellent reputation in the local and wider community. Our diverse curriculum and wide range of co-curricular activities provide multiple pathways for students to pursue excellence. This is embodied in our school motto, ‘By different ways to excellence’. Pine Rivers State High School is entering a new era of strategic direction and growth that builds on the traditions of Pine Rivers SHS and blends 21st century learning innovations.
As the Head of Department you will have responsibility for the following:
- Lead the school department to develop, articulate and commit to a shared educational vision focussed on providing quality learning outcomes for all students.
- Embed socially just practices in daily school life.
- Set high standards for student and staff performance.
- Actively participate in lifelong learning and ongoing professional development.
- Form partnerships with students, parents, other government agencies, and community groups.
- Be futures oriented and strategic.
- Understand the legislation and policies that impact on schooling especially in relation to students and staff within the school department.
- Manage the human, financial, facilities and curriculum resources of the school department to achieve goals.
A mandatory requirement of this role is:
- Current full registration or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. For more information please CLICK HERE.
- Teachers working in Education and Care Services (including State Delivered Kindergarten programs) require an exemption card issued by Blue Card Services. For more information please CLICK HERE
To apply please attach the following:
- A brief resume (maximum 3 pages) including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- A maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under the ‘How you will be assessed‘ section in the attached role description.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.