Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced technical manager to lead the NatSec solutions architecture team that helps Defence and Intelligence customers succeed using AWS technologies.
You will hire and develop some of the industry’s best cloud-based solutions architects, coach them on cloud adoption best practices, empower them to further develop their technical areas of depth as well as their communication, presentation and strategic advisory skills. You will be partnering with other teams within AWS such as account management, service teams, marketing, and professional services, prioritizing your initiatives and aligning goals to maximize long term value.
Senior Managers work on the most complex customer challenges and opportunities. They have a leading role in developing both the strategy and the team itself. They combine an informed view of the market and their understanding of emerging technology to speed up innovation. Externally, they are seen as thought leaders and influence the IT strategy of our customers. Internally, they earn a reputation of role models and deliver bar-raising guidance to other teams.
You and your team will shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of AWS services within NatSec customers in Australia. You will be interacting directly with executive customers to better understand their needs and align the right resources and tools to maximize their success. You will be measuring and delivering results, while staying in touch with the pace of innovation of the AWS technology and its use cases. You will need to be technically capable and credible in your own right as well so that you can shape the customer and solutions-focused initiatives of your team. You will get to practice your creativity in driving the link of technology to tangible solutions and educating customers about the art of the possible. Central to this will be your leadership in driving Solutions Architects to create cutting edge reference architectures for a variety of use cases.
The ideal candidate has experience building, leading and developing talented organizations of senior engineers or solutions architects. Customer-facing experience is preferred, practical knowledge of the AWS platform is desired but not required, provided you have sound leadership skills and a strong technical foundation in secure, scalable and reliable IT architectures. Deep experience in the National Security domain is essential and an NV2 TOP SECRET clearence is required.
At Amazon you will be encouraged and rewarded for doing what is right for the long-term success of the customer. We value your passion to discover, invent and build on behalf of customers.
Amazon has always been, and always will be, committed to diversity and inclusion. We seek builders from all backgrounds to join our teams, and we encourage our employees to bring their authentic, original, and best selves to work.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Hire, on-board, train, and develop new Solutions Architects and Solution Architecture Managers; you should be an exceptional builder of great people.
· Coach Solutions Architects to conduct one-to-few and one-to-many technical sessions so they can transfer deep technical skills to customers who are considering or using AWS
· In partnership with account management teams, formulate and execute a customer-focused strategy to drive adoption of AWS
· Guide and prioritize the development of whitepapers, data sheets, and other high-value customer facing guidance and best practices
· Own the technical strategy that will increase customer value and adoption of well-architected AWS solutions across Belgian Enterprise customers
· Act as a conduit and liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support
· Experience leading and growing teams of senior technology professionals, ideally in customer facing roles
· Experience driving technical and/or organizational change of significant complexity
· High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations, with both technical and non-technical audiences.
· Strong influencing skills and negotiation skills
· Technical Degree (Computer Science, Maths, Engineering or equivalent) and/or relevant tech experience.
· Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English
· Passion for technology and for learning
· History of successful leadership of technical consulting and/or architecture and/or development teams
· Prior working experience as a Solution Architect and / or manager of a technical organization
· Experience in a Chief Technology senior role
· Background in any of the following: Cloud Architecture, Systems Design, Software Development, Infrastructure Architecture, Data Engineering or DevOps
· Previous professional experience in architecting / operating solutions.
· Experience designing, building, refactoring or operating large scale and impactful IT systems – either on premises or in the cloud
· Experience with public speaking
· AWS certification (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional) or other industry certification
· Continued or advanced learning (Master, MBA, PhD or equivalent)
Important FAQs for current Government employees
Before proceeding, please review the following FAQs
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.