RoadTek are seeking a Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technician to join our team at our Cairns Operations on a permanent basis.
In the role of Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technician you will undertake mechanical maintenance activities in both a workshop and field environment ensuring equipment is kept in a safe and reliable condition. You will diagnose, repair and report on faults and condition of a modern fleet of trucks, trailers, earthmoving and auxiliary equipment.
Accountabilities of this role include but are not limited to:
– Undertake repairs, servicing and preventative maintenance of a modern fleet of trucks, trailers, earthmoving and auxiliary equipment.
– Attend breakdowns, diagnose faults and complete repairs of equipment in both workshop and field environments.
– Perform non-structural fabrication and welding activities.
– Completion of accurate and timely verbal and written communication as required – examples include, but are not limited to, daily timesheets, work orders, service reporting and compiling of damage analysis data.
– Completion of an apprenticeship in a trade such as a Certificate III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology or equivalent.
– Current Queensland ‘MR’ Class drivers licence or equivalent.
– Periodically work a weekend roster or other roster to undertake workshop or field service activities as required.
– Refrigerant handling licence or equivalent.
For further details about this role and opportunity please refer to the Role Description or contact Cherona Griffin on 4034 0024.
Applications to remain current for 12 months
Job Ad Reference: QLD/361446/21
Closing Date: Thursday 28 January 2021