At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. The HR Manager is an active member of the Operations HR team, driving and supporting cross-group initiatives. Successful candidates will have a true hands-on approach, systems theory, organizational communications, consultation skills, and analytical thinking. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Human Resources department as an HR Manager. In addition, effective presentation, and persuasion skills are a must.
The HR Manager is both a strategic and hands-on role that provides full cycle Human Resources support to our Amazon Fulfillment Centers. The role is critical in executing our people initiatives, providing great internal customer support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement. Successful candidates will demonstrate:
• The ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of HR within the company
• A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the “pulse” of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement
• Experience with rapid and complex changing work environment
• Coaching and mentoring at management level
• Success in creating and driving effective development, employee relations, retention and reward programs
• Being an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
• For us, key strengths are recognized as – flexibility, fantastic communication skills and huge amounts of drive
• The ability to be comfortable with high volume workload and not be afraid to “roll up your sleeves”
• A strong solutions focus and be comfortable working in an environment which demands strong deliverables along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions
• Strong internal and external customer service focus
• The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously – orientated on results
• Bias for action, strong work ethic, and desire to achieve excellence
• Must be able to interface at all levels of the organization
• Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
· A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
· Resume that shows steady progression in HR Management for the last 5+ years
· Prior experience leading, coaching, and mentoring direct reports.
· 5+ years’ experience in Fortune 500 company(s)
· Prior experience supporting hourly employee client groups (distribution, manufacturing, or call center environments)
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal, written and interpersonal
· Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy
All the while, you’ll keep your eyes on the prize: building up these growing teams and cementing Amazon’s wider Operations as a great place to work. In the process you’ll show deep understanding of the unique challenges faced by customer-facing, highly interactive teams like these, and support their interests accordingly.
If you’re interested in joining a fast-growing and innovative company, and you meet the above requirements, don’t hesitate to apply today!