Laboratory Technician, McCormick Australia
We have a full-time Laboratory Technician opportunity on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland to be part of our Quality Assurance Team. This role will report to the Senior Quality Coordinator.
What if there was a company who puts people first – people who take what they do seriously, but not themselves? People who strive for excellence, have a great attitude, care for the safety of each other and our consumers, people who are innovative and lead by example – because these are the values necessary for a successful career with McCormick Australia. McCormick’s Passion for Flavour is brought to life through our consumer brands Gourmet Garden, Keen’s, Aeroplane, French’s and Frank’s. But more than this, we are passionate about our people and our supportive, high performance culture – that’s what it takes to build Australia’s Leading Flavour Company!
• Routine microbiological testing of product and environmental samples;
• Proficiency testing participation;
• Responsible for coordinating the Environmental Management Plan;
• Hygiene and allergen validation;
• Assisting with investigations and troubleshooting quality issues;
• Promoting quality awareness and improving the quality of products and systems, and
• Assisting within your team to conduct microbiological risk assessments and analysis.
Technical Skills and Experience Required
• Formal qualifications (Food Science, Microbiology or similar);
• Demonstrated hands on experience in a food manufacturing environment;
• Problem solving skills;
• Practical laboratory experience and sound lab protocol knowledge;
• Flexibility with start and finish times depending on seasonal & project requirements, and
• First-rate planning and organizational skills – you’ll use your time well and take pride in delivering.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, please apply with a CV and cover letter.
Your application will be treated in strict confidence. McCormick is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. If you are a qualified applicant, you will recieve consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other charactersistic protected by law.