Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions put in place by the Federal and NT government; Local & NT residents are highly encouraged to apply.
We are currently looking for a Lead Practitioner to join our Team in Tennant Creek. The Lead Practitioner is responsible for the implementation, leadership, and integration of Counselling, IFPS, and CaPs in order for the programs to meet their objectives.
Counselling includes Family and Relationship Services (FaRS), Crime Victims Counselling (CVC), and EAP counselling. Intended participant outcomes include: Increased sense of stability and resolution, increased wellbeing, increased social and cultural capital, and increased safety.
The Intensive Family Parenting Service (IFPS) provides support to families where high risk and/or neglect are present. Intended participant outcomes include increased safety, increased parent/child secure attachment, increased wellbeing and increased community participation.
The Children and Parenting service (CaPs) provides support to children and parents. Intended participant outcomes include increased wellbeing, increased safety of children and young people, increased parent-child secure attachment and increased social capital.
Lead an integrated team:
1) Relevant qualification in Counselling, Social Work or Psychology and a minimum of five years’ experience in relevant clinical practice and leadership
2) Strong interpersonal and communication skills encompassing report writing, case note writing and supervision and the ability to communicate effectively with managers, staff and stakeholders across a range of diverse cultural groups and settings
3) At least 5 years experience in either counselling or case management
4) Demonstrated cultural competency, particularly in working with Indigenous people
5) Experience in providing supervision to staff
At CatholicCare NT our employees have access to a range of benefits that help balance life at work and at home. These include professional development opportunities and health and wellbeing programs. To find out more about the benefits available to you when you join CatholicCare NT please visit our career website
For a full role description including key selection criteria, please visit our careers website www.catholiccarentcareers.org.au
Applications Close 17 September 2020
Interviews Week of 21 September 2020