The Role: As the Lead Electrical Project Engineer, you will be responsible for providing leadership and management to a major $25mil project. You will be highly relied upon for the day to day site activities and ensuring successful project delivery.
The design phase is set to commence in September with construction commencing early 2021.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead development of new solutions for complex projects and challenges
- Drives completion of all engineering activities on the project
- Ensure engineering is developed with complete information and all multidisciplinary information has been included in the engineering development
- Collaborate on project installation, commissioning and site activities, clarifying potential issues or providing solutions to correct engineering errors
- Acts as a design authority for engineering deliverable’s in all applicable engineering disciplines
- Act as a design authority for a specific engineering discipline and complete engineering assignments for that discipline
- Provide technical support to commissioning and start-up activities
- Create engineering proposals for large and complex projects/programs, including coordination with other business units
- Coordinate overall engineering risk analysis with all partners before submitting proposal
- Supports Contract Manager in issuing claims (new scope of work, cost impact, time impact, risk quantifications, etc.)
- Defines project tasks and ensures allocation of these tasks among project team members
- Coordinates the creation of work plans and cost estimates in all applicable engineering disciplines
- Evaluates risks and opportunities, strategizes mitigation of the engineering projects/programs
- Supports the Project Manager in overall project risk and opportunity assessments
- Works with customers at senior levels to shape and deliver solutions, seeking feedback and innovating with the customer to drive and deliver improvements
- Lead, supervise and coordinate multidisciplinary teams between 15 to 50 on projects of high complexity
- Oversee the creation of subcontracts and manage the subcontractors jointly with other involved disciplines, including supply chain management
- Develop and review standard processes, tools and techniques
- Attend project meetings and present technical aspects of project assignments
- Ensure that engineering activities comply with safety regulations and contractual requirements
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- Electrical background with a Degree Qualification in Electrical Engineering (or similar)
- Chartered Member of Engineers Australia (CPEng) or RPEQ – Highly regarded
- Knowlegde of DCS, safety systems and electrical control systems such as ABB 800xA product is a necessity
- Proven experience as a Lead Engineer providing key project deliverables
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in complex technical development and integration projects
- Knowledge and expertise with planning practices, standards, systems and process relevant to the operations of the project
- Strong analytical skills and stakeholder management at all level
- Proactive and highly organised with the ability to meet deadlines and changing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with high attention to detail
The position is based in Brisbane with infrequent travel required to site. This is a highly challenging and rewarding role that would suit someone who enjoys technical challenges, think’s outside the box and is committed to delivering successful project outcomes.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for over 50 years, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft’s services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application.
All Round Operator Location Karratha, Western Australia Duration 1 month One Key Resources, part of the Fircroft Group… Read More Shortlist
MC Driver AB Triple Location Gladstone, Queensland Duration 1 month One Key Resources, part of the Fircroft Group… Read More Shortlist
Dump Truck Operator Location Kalgoorlie, Western Australia Duration 1 month One Key Resources, part of the Fircroft Group… Read More Shortlist
Looking to start your career in Infrastructure and Construction?
Be part of it, and get your
career on the right track
Check out our Oil and Gas jobs in Aberdeen