Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook’s Legal Investigations Team seeks a highly motivated team player to support our investigations and cybersecurity missions. The successful candidate will identify and investigate frauds and exploitations, both internal and external, which pose a significant financial and reputational risk to the company; cybersecurity events, and integrity matters impacting our users; provide technical investigative insights, including analysis of logs, data and other company resources; build automation for proactive threat detection of legal investigative matters; assist in implementing the FTC consent decree’s requirement for a comprehensive information security program; and work with the Bug Bounty and Data Bounty teams.This is a full time role based either in Singapore or Sydney.
1. 4+ years of experience working in investigations with 2+ years in data analysis or coding
2. Experience investigating, researching, organizing and remediating matters from initial response through conclusion
3. Experience developing and executing short and long term projects while managing priorities
4. Experience drafting investigative reports for both law enforcement and non-law enforcement audiences which includes presenting detailed/technical information to a variety of audiences, including engineers, business and technical leaders, and external counsel
5. Experience using a variety of investigative tools and techniques, as well as experience interpreting information from multiple sources, including queries, data analysis, interviews and document review in response to specific legal requirements
6. Experience processing, extracting, storing and delivering data in support of investigations
7. BS/MS or equivalent experience in Law, Criminology, Information Systems, Cybersecurity or related field
8. Experience conducting white-collar investigations such as financial crimes, frauds, cyber crimes, sophisticated corporate fraud schemes, and corruption
9. Experience with SQL, PHP, Python, Bento, Tableau, and/or similar tools and languages
10. Experience with open source investigation techniques and familiarity with a variety of internet research tools
11. Experience prioritizing and executing with minimal direction or oversight