Resources Safety and Health Queensland
Resources Safety and Health (RSH) is establishing a dedicated Zero Harm Reporting and Performance Data Analysis Unit, as part of the Central Assessment Unit and this is your opportunity to join a team of professionals and provide high level advice and leadership to RSH so that it can be an effective, evidence-based, data-driven, regulator. You will be involved in providing data management, analysis, reporting services and publishing information. This will include the gathering, analysis and reporting of industry statistical data, examining data to identify trends, clusters or other anomalies which will inform RSH and industry policies, programs focused on continually improving safety and health outcomes for workers in the QLD resources sector.
The successful candidate will have demonstrable management/leadership experience, excellent communication skills, and demonstrate commitment to a culture of achievement and quality within a dynamic environment.
• Provide professional services relating to the collection, processing, validation, storage, analysis and access to industry and business statistical information.
• Maintain accurate ‘source of truth’ data sets on resource safety and health statistics and business performance metrics.
• Organise, manage, and prioritise statistical data in order to produce meaningful and accurate reports for both internal and external clients.
• Conduct and coordinate substantial high-level research, analysis and review of industry safety and health performance data and make recommendations so that effective regulatory solutions can be developed to improve safety and health performance within the resources sector.
• Guide, support and enhance data analytics and modelling to support departmental objectives.
• Assess key business performance metrics and prepare consistent reports and dashboards to inform the business.
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with customers and stakeholders to promote quality consistent information exchange and discussions.
• Prepare, oversee and deliver complex reports, briefing notes, presentations, publications and correspondence.
• Support RSH senior management in planning activities, including operational and strategic planning, budgeting, monitoring and reporting on performance and outputs.
***APPLICANTS ARE REQUESTED TO APPLY ONLINE – scroll down and click the ‘APPLY ONLINE’ button***
Please note any documents attached to Smart Jobs should be in Microsoft Word or PDF format. Please do not upload zipped files.