Southern Cross Personnel
negotiable / month
A busy Marine engine repair business is looking for a qualified, experienced Marine Mechanic to fault diagnose, repair and service a variety of in and out board engines.for customers. The key to success is your experience across a variety of engines seen in small to large vessels and your willingness to work on anything in between.
This employer is keen to consider local, interstate and overseas candidates for the role. For those interstate and overseas, you will go through the recruitment process and start once the travel bans are lifted due to Covid-19. The employer has ongoing permanent full time work and possible overtime available. You can expect support with knowledge and training for your career when at the appropriate time. Your pay will be dependent on your experience and abilities and negotiated so you are eager to make the move.
Please send your resume and relevant certificates if you meet the criteria of the role.
- Qualified as a Marine Mechanic
- Factory training highly valued
- Experienced with small and large outboard engines along with larger in board commercial engines. Please indicate what size of engine range you can manage.
- Good diagnostic skills across mechanical and basic electrics.
- Efficient approach to repairing to provide high level customer service.
- Able to work responsibly with self motivation on your own while also in a team environment to contribute to a good working environment.
- Good communication skills and willingness to liaise with customers about their requirements in relation to electrical and mechanical engine failure.
- Presentable to reflect a professionally run business focused on providing good customer service.
- In good health to meet the demands of the role.
- Willing to visit customers vessels out of the workshop when needed, if bringing in the vessels are not practicable.