negotiable / month
- Head office-based role in Victoria Park, WA
- Provide support and assistance for the compilation of tenders and proposals
Monadelphous has a multi-discipline project and construction management capability in the resource and mineral processing sector, including commodities such as iron ore, alumina, aluminium, copper, uranium, nickel, zinc, gold, lead and chemical processing.
We are known for our ability to fabricate, assemble, integrate, erect, construct and maintain all components of processing projects. We are also Australia’s premier iron ore sector construction contractor, having delivered over 75 per cent of Australia’s installed capacity.
About the role:
Joining the tendering team as a Mechanical Estimator you will provide support and assistance for the compilation of tenders and proposals for our Engineering Construction division.
As a Mechanical Estimator, your responsibilities will include:
- Analysing qualitative and quantitative data for inclusion in tenders, including obtaining relevant information/data, calculating costings and providing advice and information
- Provide expert estimating advice to the business unit and assist with compiling major tenders, proposals and expressions of interest on behalf of the division
- Review tender documentation and calculate costings for submissions
- Develop and review tenders and proposals for quality, risk, accuracy, and completeness; responding quickly to correct problems
Essential to this position you will have:
- Relevant trade qualification or Mechanical Engineering degree
- Relevant on-site industry experience in the resources, engineering or construction industry with a strong understanding of trades and disciplines involved in site/project operations coupled with knowledge of relevant construction/maintenance norms and industry rates
- Demonstrated experience developing & utilise estimating systems, procedures and templates to streamline tender preparation and submission including the ability to accurately calculate costing for tenders, contracts and proposals. Analysing and refining project costs to produce a budget, to then control project cost
- Experience confirming project deliverables, develop scope management plans & manage application of scope controls whilst identifying, monitoring and controlling project risks. Identify ambiguities, risks and key issues in tender documentation
- Confident and capable user of MS Office Suite (particularly Word & Excel) and scheduling software
What we offer:
- The chance to join a long-standing company that continues to achieve long term sustainable growth and is recognised as a leader in our market
- Stability for your career knowing you are joining a company with an extremely healthy order book of projects
- Diverse opportunities to grow internally within the company into various national and international roles
We are committed to zero harm, ensuring we live by our promise: The safe way is the only way. We embrace the benefits of employing talented people from rich and varied backgrounds, so we encourage applications that will foster diversity in our workplace.
A career at Monadelphous, is a career with a difference. Make it yours.