Queensland Health - Department of Health
negotiable / month
We are actively seeking a competent and enthusiastic Scientist to join our professional team at Bundaberg laboratory. This role will contribute to the provision of high quality, cost-effective pathology services to clients of the Wide Bay HHS including Bundaberg Hospital and Pathology Queensland by applying scientific skills and knowledge to assist delivery of pathology services relating to Haematology, Transfusion, Chemical Pathology and Microbiology as part of the continuous shift (24/7) roster.
- Job Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full-time
- Location: Wide Bay
- Yearly Salary: $67540 – $99270
- Contact Name: Claudia Murray
- Contact Number:
- Closing Date: 20-JAN-21
What are we looking for?
You will be assessed on your ability to demonstrate the following key capabilities, knowledge and experience. Within the context of the responsibilities described above under ‘Your role’, the ideal applicant will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated expertise and ability to apply multidisciplinary scientific judgement in Haematology, Transfusion, Chemical Pathology and Urine Microscopy.
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical advice and provision of results to laboratory staff and Hospital and Health Service clients pertaining to Haematology, Transfusion, Chemical Pathology and Microbiology.
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical services in accordance with professional clinical standards, established principles/procedures and comprehensive operation and maintenance of analytical equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team to contribute to the objectives of the laboratory.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a responsible and efficient manner without supervision.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of a Laboratory Information System such as AUSLAB.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, patients and with members of staff.
- Ability to participate in a multi-discipline team on a 24hr / 7 day roster
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to quality and service improvement activities in accordance with National Association of Testing Authority/International Standardisation Organisation (NATA/ISO) accreditation / certification.
- Awareness of procedures policies and regulations which impact on the position such as the Queensland Health Code of Conduct, Work place Health and Safety, Equal Employment Opportunity and Anti-discrimination.
Mandatory qualifications, professional registrations or other requirements
- The successful applicant must hold a relevant Medical Laboratory Science qualification from a recognised university or tertiary institution.
- Appointment to this position requires proof of qualification. Certified copies of the required information must be provided either at interview (preferable) or prior to the commencement of duties.
- While not mandatory, multidisciplinary experience would be well regarded.
- This position is Continuous Shift and requires working day, evening and night shifts as required to provide a 24 hour / 7 days per week service delivery.