A permanent full-time positions exists for a qualified and experienced individual to join the Biomedical Technology Services as a Medical Physicist Senior in Brisbane. In this role, you will deliver high level diagnostic imaging medical physics services including support for radiology and nuclear medicine.
- Job Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full-time
- Location: Brisbane Inner City,Brisbane – North,Brisbane – South,Brisbane – East,Brisbane – West
- Contact Name: Shanelle Press
- Contact Number:
- Closing Date: 31-JAN-21
Health Support Queensland – Why work for us?
At Health Support Queensland (HSQ), you will be part of an organisation who helps care for Queenslanders. We know it is important for people to work in an organisation that provides more than just a job. In joining HSQ, you will embark on a journey to help us realise our vision of being ‘Australia’s best healthcare support partner’.
Once you join us, we will expect you to exemplify the HSQ fundamental principles of ICARE:
- Integrity, being honest and ethical in everything we say and do.
- Customers and patients first, putting customers and patients at the centre of everything we do.
- Accountability, taking personal responsibility for our actions.
- Respect, being considerate, recognising our differences and looking out for each other.
- Engagement, actively investing in positive outcomes by partnering with others.
What is on offer:
- Up to 12.75% employer superannuation contribution
- Annual leave loading 17.5%
- Salary packaging
- Work/life balance, variety and flexibility
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional development leave
- Professional development allowance
- Medical Physicists Attraction and Retention Incentive payment
What we are looking for:
- High level knowledge, expertise and skill in diagnostic imaging medical physics.
- Ability to apply scientific knowledge, solve non-routine practical problems and achieve defined outcomes related to diagnostic imaging medical physics.
- Ability to contribute positively to achieving defined goals in a team environment.
- High level oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to convey medical physics principles and concepts to others.
- Leadership within a work unit, including developing and implementing quality improvements.
- The successful applicant must hold at least:
- A recognised Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Physics
- A Queensland radiation use licence within the first 12 months of employment
- A Queensland radiation accreditation certificate within the first 12 months of employment
How to apply:
Please provide the following information to the panel to assess your suitability:
- Your current CV or resume, including the names and contact details of two referees. Referees should have a thorough knowledge of your capabilities, work performance and conduct within the previous two years, and it is preferable to include your current, immediate or past supervisor
- A short statement (maximum two pages) that gives details of your skills, experience and knowledge as required on the role description under the heading ‘what are we looking for?’