110,000. This is the number of Australians of all ages living with a haematological malignancy today. Join our Medical team, to make a real difference in patients’ lives across the country.
As a Medical Scientific Liaison (MSL), you will be responsible for the development and management of ongoing professional relationships with healthcare professionals, clinical investigators and healthcare decision makers to provide medical and scientific support, in particular in relation to haematological malignancies. This is a National role and most of your time will be spent in field or virtually engaging with your internal and external stakeholders.
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Develop professional relationships; educate and maintain scientific dialogue with medical experts and key stakeholders to ensure access to current and emerging scientific information on Novartis products
• Create and implement strategic plans to optimise alignment of development activities
• Provide scientific information and present up-to-date data on Novartis Oncology products to medical experts and healthcare professionals
• Support investigational sites and work cross functionally to support GMO and Medical Advisors in recommending investigators for Phase I-IV clinical programs with the aim of expanding the clinical experience base
• Support Medical Advisor in set-up, implementation and execution of Novartis-sponsored local clinical studies
• Education of medical experts, speakers, and investigators on novel and emerging data including scientific information on patient critical issues that are medically relevant and support quality use of medicine
• Prepare scientific and medical meeting deliverables; attend and support medical meetings, report customer feedback and evaluate the impact of competitive information to share both internally and externally
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Ideally you will have at least 2 years’ experience as an MSL in the pharmaceutical industry
• You will come with knowledge of clinical medicine, disease management, or medical research in Oncology, with working knowledge of the Australian Healthcare System
• Demonstrated experience in establishing and fostering trusted relationships with medical experts and decision makers
• Ability to synthesize recent scientific information, analyse them within strategic and regulatory settings with a strong personal integrity, and customer focus
• Outstanding interpersonal communication, negotiation and advanced presentation skills with effectively contributing to work on multifunctional teams
• Excellent organizational skills, and the ability to work effectively in an ever changing field-based environment
Note that although ideally we are looking for this role to be based in NSW, we would consider candidates from other areas of Australia.
Why consider Novartis?
750 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status or disability.