Microsoft Senior BI Developer / Consultant – Satalyst Delivering Brilliant Business Solutions
- Customer Stories
About / Careers / Microsoft Senior BI Developer / Consultant
Microsoft Senior BI Developer / Consultant
Satalyst is seeking a Microsoft Senior Business Intelligence Developer for our Advanced Analytics and Data Platform services for a hands-on technical role.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate experience with the Microsoft Azure Data Analytics Platform, Big Data, Analytics tools and have consulting experience.
You will have experience delivering solutions and insights on the Microsoft Azure platform with exposure to SSIS, SSAS, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL DB or Azure DW.
As a Senior Consultant, you will provide advice, expertise and specialist skills across the Microsoft Data Platform stack to our clients.
A Senior BI Developer is responsible for delivering large-scale, data warehouse and analytics solutions and integrating processes and technology to help clients achieve high business performance. With solid knowledge on business operation and data architecture, the Senior BI Developer will help propose the client’s lifecycle management solution, design the detailed mechanism, determine the most suitable data architecture to achieve high data quality and actionable decision making.
To excel in this role, you will have consulting experience together with knowledge of the Microsoft Data Platform, big data, analytics tools, and best practices along with the following:
- Positive, Energetic and a Team Player
- Passionate about business and data
- Like to learn and to make a difference
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering or equivalent work experience with 5+ years of overall experience
- Experience and passion for helping customers
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft BI stack (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, SQL DAX) and Power BI
- Experience with the Microsoft Azure cloud platform and cloud data applications (Data Factory, Azure SQL DB/DW)
- Report and dashboard design and development skills
- Experience in advanced analytics including machine learning and predictive modelling (would be a plus)
- Demonstrated ability to of business analysis to elicit and document data insights requirements
- Track record of delivering data and analytics projects using agile methodologies
- Experience in mentoring and coaching more junior colleagues
- An aptitude for problem-solving, abstract- & critical-thinking
- Confidence, self-motivation & a desire to be challenged
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written
- Ability to learn and use new technologies quickly & effectively
The following technologies are important to us. Although we understand your level of experience may vary in certain areas, you will be expected to be advanced in several of these areas:
- Azure (SQL Database SQL DW, Stream Analytics, Machine Learning)
- Visualisation (PowerBI, SQL Server Reporting Services)
- Hadoop, Spark, Storm, Scala, Python and/or R (would be a plus)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014/2016/2017 (SSIS, SSAS and SSRS)
- Ideally passed or working towards Microsoft Exam 70-466: Implementing Data Models and Reports with Microsoft SQL Server
- Ideally passed or working towards Microsoft Exam 70-467: Designing Business Intelligence Solutions with Microsoft SQL Server
We are a small, welcoming, and connected ‘family’ with a personal approach. In addition to a professional work environment and a competitive salary and benefits, working with Satalyst can give you:
- Work/life balance with work flexibility for the right person
- A supportive and approachable management team that you’ll work with every day
- Opportunity to work in smaller teams, therefore the ability to be involved in a wider range of activities
- A great opportunity to work creatively with emerging technologies and to evolve the way of working with contemporary methodologies and practices
- We provide ongoing support and development for your training and future career growth
While your day-to-day activities are not exclusively writing code you must possess the ability to:
- Work with company Data Lead to define the data architecture for Big Data platform
- Being proficient in all pillars of the Microsoft Data Analytics offering, including Azure technologies
- Becoming proficient in a range of NoSQL based offerings, such as Cosmos DB and HDInsight, and modelling and building solutions using those offerings
- Configuring, developing, optimising, testing, and documenting solutions developed and/or infrastructure implemented
- Gathering requirements from business and IT stakeholders
- Delivering and installing suitable solutions for customers
- Ability to build predictive and prescriptive decision-making models
- Ability to paint a technology vision and communicate its value to clients and Satalyst teammates
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast-growing Microsoft Data and Analytics partner in Australia.
- We are a welcoming, connected ‘family’ with a personal approach
- We work with cutting-edge technology and you will learn from experts
- The opportunity to learn and work with the industry’s brightest leaders
- We provide ongoing support and development for your future career growth
If you believe you have the right skills and more importantly the right character, attitude and spirit to thrive in the Satalyst environment, then send your cover letter and CV to [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from you!
Notice to Recruitment Agencies
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Satalyst are considered the property of Satalyst and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorised recruitment agency/search firm for Satalyst, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorised Satalyst recruiter and an active working relationship with the organisation. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorised recruitment agencies/search firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Satalyst.
How to Apply
For More Information
Peter Walton: +61 (0) 8 9355 2807 or email [email protected]