What You’ll Get to Do:
Serves as a Mission Information Technology Operator (MIT) 24×7 engineering team member; direct support for detection, isolation, and resolution of ground segment problems and serves as first responder for all site issues, requiring a broad level of knowledge of high priority systems across a multi-location enterprise.
More About the Role:
- Ensures that all technical baseline infrastructure is maintained at an optimal level so that customer mission needs are satisfied.
- Support duties include monitoring, recognition, evaluation, and correction of system and network problems.
- Responsible for maintaining a privileged user level of access, across numerous high priority systems.
- Daily interface with government and partner country senior leadership, system operators and engineers at site and across the enterprise.
- Interprets system documentation and records problems in logging and discrepancy reporting tools
- Collects data describing the environment at the time of the failure
- Serves as a single point of contact for monitoring, troubleshooting, and anomaly resolution. Performs routine software functions as required
- Escalates problems to Tier 2 level as required, perform call-ins as necessary
- Coordinates with any required resources across the enterprise to resolve operational issues
- Works with other 24×7 engineering crew across multiple locations providing enterprise level maintenance support, with high customer visibility into all actions and response
- Provides necessary mentorship, guidance, and training of entry level engineering crew
- Shift work – 12 hour shifts (2 day shifts followed by 2 mid shifts then 4 days off)
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- TS/SCI Polygraph Clearance adjudicated within the past 4 years
- AA Degree in a related technical discipline and related knowledge or ability to troubleshoot operational systems supported by this program OR possess the equivalence of 3-5 years direct experience in lieu of a degree
- Must have a broad knowledge of high priority systems across a multi-location enterprise
- Requires good communication skills in order for the effective and accurate exchange of information across a multi-location enterprise, with customer visibility into crew-based actions and response
- Must be able to work a non-standard work week, weekends, and holidays; 12-hour shift work expected in support of 24×7 operations.
- Must have a current DODI 8570.01-M IAT Level II Certification, Security+ Certification
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- System administration experience to include UNIX, Linux, and Windows platforms
- Experience with virtualization technologies and software such as VMware
- Knowledge and understanding of Enterprise Management Systems to include HP OpenView, and CA based Concord
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.