Cross River Rail Delivery Authority
negotiable / month
This position will lead the Network Disruptions workstream within the Customer and Operational Integration team managing all modes of network disruptions through the staging of Cross River Rail project. The Network Disruption Manager will lead a multi-disciplinary team who will coordinate and facilitate network changes across traffic, active transport and public transport. The role will ensure alignment with Public Private Partnership (PPP) and Alliance contract structures and Business as Usual activities to embed and develop a number of supporting guidelines and standards.
The position reports to the Customer and Travel Behaviour Lead and will work closely with the CRR commercial team and key stakeholders including Queensland Rail, Department of Transport and Main Roads and Brisbane City Council to ensure customer, operational and delivery outcomes.
- Job Type: Temporary
- Position Type: Full-time
- Location: Brisbane Inner City
- Contact Name: Georgia Slattery
- Contact Number:
- Closing Date: 26-JAN-21
- Lead the Network Disruptions team to:
- Analyse network disruption outcomes and identify key lessons to enhance network coordination for continuous improvement.
- Develop and update frameworks, guidelines and standards to ensure consistency and coordination across all packages of work (PPP, Alliance and D&C Delivery environments).
- Oversee the management of the Network Disruptions to ensure delivery of the CRR program.
- Manage the Rail Master Track Possession Program.
- Lead working groups and governance committees to ensure the successful delivery of the Network Disruptions works program.
- Prepare reports, submissions and correspondence on planned or unplanned network disruptions to executive management and ministers.
- Proactively identify risks, issues and opportunities, and develop mitigation strategies as required, related to the construction environment and relevant contract.
- Proactively put measures in place to coordinate and manage all complex network disruptions including but not limited to traffic, active transport, public transport and haulage.
- Lead key stakeholder meetings, tailoring messaging and material to ensure project outcomes.
- Drive consolidation of internal and external project impacts to improve planning across the city and SEQ transport network.
- Identify opportunities for alternative network changes which provide enhanced benefits to customer, operational and delivery outcomes.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following key competencies:
- Strong experience in leading and managing complex network changes across rail and bus and interfacing with key transport stakeholders to achieve key milestones.
- Extensive experience providing high level advice, proactively identifying risks, issues and opportunities, and developing mitigation strategies, in a complex and challenging project environment.
- Highly organised, with the ability to work with initiative and independence, and implement improvements in a time sensitive environment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide clear and concise written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in managing a team to meet deadlines and adapt to sudden changes in expectations and priorities.
How to apply:
Please provide the following information for the selection panel to assess your suitability for this role:
- Please provide your CV/resume and a one page statement on how your experience can add value to the Customer and Operational Integration team.