Metro South Health is Australia’s first digital health service and the first health service in Australia to be recognised for excellence in person-centred care by Planetree International. It’s also one of the largest in Queensland, with an estimated residential population of approximately one million people.
About the Role
As an Environmental Services Operational Support Officer, you will be trained in both porterage and cleaning services. You will undertake safe patient, equipment and material transfers to and from wards, operating theatres, outpatients and other hospital departments. Additionally, you will provide high standards of cleaning services including general and specialised cleaning with extensive training in chemical handling, infection control and materials handling.
As a Food Services Operational Support Officer, you will be trained to provide efficient and effective food service including the preparation of ingredients for meals, serving specified portions on the plating line and general kitchen support function duties. Additionally, you will be trained to work between a fast-paced cafeteria and coffee shop providing customer focused service through meal preparation, serving and performing coffee making/barista duties.
How to apply Please provide the following information to the panel to assess your suitability:
* Complete the online questionnaire as part of your online application
* A one-page cover letter addressing the below questions on how your experience, abilities, knowledge and personal qualities would contribute to the overall services provided by Operational Support Services:
1. We work in a fast-paced and complex environment involving different teams, departments and sometimes patients. Describe a time when it was particularly important to establish a good relationship with others. How did you go about doing this?
2. Sometimes working with other people is challenging. Describe a time you have had to work with a colleague you found challenging? How did you go about it?
* Your current CV or resume, including two referees.
Find out about the role in more detail and how to apply in the attached Role Descriptions
The Process This Expression of Interest collects a variety of information that will help identify potentially suitable applicants for future employment opportunities. If deemed suitable your details will remain in the Talent Pool for a period of 12 months and you will be contacted at the time an opportunity arises. Additional selection processes (interview, reference checks and pre-employment checks) to further assess suitability for appointment to a specific position may be required.
* As part of the talent pool, you may be offered casual or temporary employment opportunities that become available based on the order of merit
* A pool will generally continue for a 12-month period
* If you are placed in the talent pool you may be offered a position within the relevant time period, however your appointment to a position is not guaranteed
* By submitting an Expression of Interest, you will not automatically be considered for advertised vacancies. If you wish to be considered for a specific advertised vacancy at Metro South Health, please submit your application for the relevant vacancy via the Smart Jobs website and follow the process outlined for that vacancy
As a Metro South employee, you will benefit from a higher than standard employer contribution to Superannuation of up to 12.75%, access to salary packaging, flexible working arrangements and competitive salary rates with annual incremental increases.
We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace and we encourage people of all genders, races, ages and abilities to apply for roles within our Health Service.
You can find out more about why it’s so great to work at Metro South here: www.metrosouth.health.qld.gov.au/join-our-team