An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced candidate to undertake the role of PM Operations Manager based at Direct Freight Express Dandenong South depot.
Reporting directly to the State Manager, you will be accountable for the smooth-running, provision of leadership, cost management for our PM Shift operations. You will be a pro-active leader in your commitment to the role, lead by example in your actions and lead a team of dedicated employee’s.
This opportunity will suit a hands-on operations leader with a track record of success who is looking for an exciting challenge where they will have the ability to make meaningful change. This position will be fast paced and you will spend minimal time at your desk – hands on, managing the shift.
Position responsibilities includes but is not limited to:
- Provide strategic direction and control to all operations in order to improve the delivery efficiency of the depot i.e. oversee freight distribution, parcel sortation, timeslots, freight security, freight handling care, special instructions etc.
- Determine and arrange for weekly and daily labour to ensure efficiency’s
- Co-ordinate nightly linehaul movements
- Ensure that equipment is properly maintained and serviced and that appropriate records are maintained.
- Support other departments within Direct Freight such as Human Resources, Payroll and Customer Service.
- Ensure that all Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental directives are implemented accordingly by operations supervisors and other managers. I.e. ensure supervisors have inducted their staff accordingly and safe work practices are encouraged
- Ensure that all operations are conducted in accordance with relevant policies, procedures and legislative requirements, to ensure safety to staff, the community and the environment.
Skills, attributes and qualifications required to be considered and or successful:
- Experience within the transport and logistics industry (3-5 years minimum)
- Experience within a similar role (3-5 years minimum)
- Sound knowledge of business and financial management
- It is essential that the successful applicant has a full understanding and demonstrated ability of labour costings
- Must have proven success dealing with people and ensuring compliance with all company policies and work place safety requirements
- Demonstrated understanding of the Chain of Responsibility (CoR) obligations
- Extensive knowledge of warehousing and distribution best practice
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal
- Hands on leader who is self-motivated with energy, passion and a positive mindset
- Ability to adapt to changes in business trends
- Analytical and strategic mindset with high attention to detail and finding solutions
Only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted, no agencies.
This position is limited to candidate’s who possess full working rights in Australia.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- Do you have experience working with logistics, freight & delivery services?
- What’s your expected annual base salary?
Report this job advert
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs.
Learn how to protect yourself here .
Job Listing Date 9 Sept 2020 Location Melbourne Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs Work Type Full Time Classification Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics Management
Based on 44 reviews from Operations Managers