In this role, you will deliver the vision of the department and improve the educational outcomes of students. The successful candidate will develop the quality of teaching and learning and nurture positive relationships between
students, teachers, the community and stakeholders.
- Job Type: Temporary
- Position Type: Full-time
- Location: Moreton Bay – South
- Yearly Salary: $142327 – $149416
- Contact Name: Sandy Cook
- Contact Number:
- Closing Date: 14-FEB-21
Image Courtesy of Dakabin State School
About Dakabin State School
Dakabin State School was established in 1992 and is located on Sheaves Road, Kallangur on the north outskirts of the ‘old’ Pine Shire. Parks, sports clubs, soccer fields, shopping centre, and Dakabin State High School are in close proximity to the school.
Here at Dakabin we have a wide range of students from varying cultures, religions, and also we support students with varying disabilities through our diverse learning centre. These beautiful variances are a gift to our students as it creates a school climate of mutual respect and support for each other.
As the Principal you will have responsibility for the following:
- Lead the school community to develop, articulate and commit to a shared educational vision focussed on providing quality learning outcomes for all students.
- Uphold the principalship as a values based, ethical and moral activity.
- Embed socially just practices in daily school life.
- Set high standards for student and staff performance.
- Active participants in life long learning and ongoing professional development.
- Form partnerships with parents, other government agencies, community groups, industry and business.
- Futures oriented and strategic.
- Understand the legislation and policies that impact on schooling.
- Manage resources to achieve goals.
A mandatory requirement of this role is:
- Current full registration or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. For more information please CLICK HERE.
- Teachers working in Education and Care Services (including State Delivered Kindergarten programs) require an exemption card issued by Blue Card Services. For more information please CLICK HERE.
To apply please attach the following:
- A brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- A maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under the ‘How you will be assessed‘ section in the attached role description.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.