negotiable / month
An exciting opportunity has arisen to lead the Mount Morgan State High School community. As the principal of Mount Morgan State High School you will lead a dedicated staff of passionate educators who strive to ensure that all of their students experience academic success within a positive learning environment.
- Job Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full-time
- Location: Rockhampton region
- Yearly Salary: $134623 – $141427
- Contact Name: Ellie Green
- Contact Number:
- Closing Date: 18-FEB-21
Image Courtesy of Mount Morgan State High School
About Mount Morgan State High School
Mount Morgan State High School services the small regional town of Mount Morgan which is located approximately 45km from Rockhampton. The school is the oldest secondary school is Queensland and many of its classroom blocks have been heritage listed. The school caters for approximately 175 students from Years 7-12 and boast a comprehensive range of subject offerings. The School prides itself on providing a supportive learning environment with strong ties to a range of community organisations.
As the Principal you will have responsibility for the following:
- Lead the school community to develop, articulate and commit to a shared educational vision focussed on providing quality learning outcomes for all students.
- Uphold the principalship as a values based, ethical and moral activity.
- Embed socially just practices in daily school life.
- Set high standards for student and staff performance.
- Active participants in life long learning and ongoing professional development.
- Form partnerships with parents, other government agencies, community groups, industry and business.
- Futures oriented and strategic.
- Understand the legislation and policies that impact on schooling.
- Manage resources to achieve goals.
A mandatory requirement of this role is:
- Current full registration or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. For more information please CLICK HERE.
- Teachers working in Education and Care Services (including State Delivered Kindergarten programs) require an exemption card issued by Blue Card Services. For more information please CLICK HERE.
Contact Name: Trudy Graham, Assistant Regional Director (07) 4932 4048
Closing Date: Thursday, 18 February 2021
To apply please attach the following:
- A maximum 3 page resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- A maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under the ‘How you will be assessed‘ section in the attached role description.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted. #LI-PRIORITY