The Department of Health is responsible for the overall management of the public health system in Queensland. We are an organisation that strongly believes in the need to work with people who value the goals of our organisation and who will thrive in our workplace. Working at the Department of Health is about making a difference.
The Clinical Excellence Queensland (CEQ) mission is to partner with health services, clinicians and consumers to drive measurable improvement in patient care through continual pursuit of excellence.
CEQ is committed to a client-first approach. Through building strong relationships and understanding the needs and aspirations of our clients, we are best able to achieve our mission.
An opportunity exists to work in the Patient Safety and Quality Improvement Service as a part of a small team reviewing the state-wide suite of clinical procedure informed consent forms and patient information sheets. This role involves establishing state-wide clinical procedure specific working groups involving consumers to assist with the review of the consent forms and patient information sheets.
* Manage the development, coordination, implementation and ongoing maintenance of patient safety tools and education products designated to this role in line with project management and change management methodologies.
* Promote and ensure the use of appropriate project management and change management techniques, methodologies and tools, including benefits realisation and risk and issue management, to ensure quality project outcomes are delivered.
* Oversee and manage the monitoring and reporting of project related trends and performance against project plans and schedules.
* Manage, analyse and evaluate project activities to ensure alignment with corporate goals within a project management framework.
The successful person
* Proven experience in the management of large scale complex projects through the project life cycle in a clinical environment applying project management and change management methodologies.
* Experience in stakeholder relationship management to support effective business change, including the ability to initiate relationships and influence key stakeholders.
* Proven effective written communication skills including the ability to prepare timely, accurate, responsive and well organised briefings and reports.
* Demonstrated high level analytical, planning and evaluation skills including the ability to effectively integrate related activities to achieve project deliverables and outcomes.
* A clinical or healthcare background is highly desirable.
Benefits of working with the Department of Health:
By joining the Department of Health, you will work within a fast-paced, challenging and supportive environment where every employee plays a critical role in our ongoing success. You will enjoy a variety of benefits, including:
* Competitive salary + generous superannuation and leave loading
* Flexible working arrangements
* Diverse work culture
* Career training and development
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) outlining your skills and experience relevant for this role.