Do you enjoy software development and working directly with customers in different industries like Financial Services, Government, Health, Retail, Manufacturing, Energy, Automotive or Media and Communications? Are you excited about working across a broad spectrum of domains including Cloud Native, Data and AI, Cybersecurity, DevOps, Infrastructure and High Scale Compute?
In this role, you will be working on highly varied and technically challenging engineering projects. You will be working as part of the customer facing Commercial Software Engineering Team . Our model is a ‘code with’ model where we work as part of a team and partner with our valued customers who depend on the Microsoft platform. You will be designing and building enterprise scale solutions and software, and for that reason you will be displaying your creative leadership qualities with enthusiasm and passion. We are looking for open minded people who come with a beautiful blend of curiosity in working with the latest technologies, while using deep experience to recommend and implement trusted patterns, frameworks, and approaches. This role is particularly seeking versatility across a full-stack – designing, implementing, testing and deployment.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We do our best, most innovative work in support of this mission when we have a diverse and inclusive culture in which all voices and perspectives are heard and considered.
We do not believe that any specific education major is a requirement to be successful in this role. We are open to all backgrounds and are looking for candidates with demonstrated ability to deliver on the responsibilities above.
In that spirit, we hire individuals that do not meet every criterion on a checklist but are a match in passion, experience, and are collaborative in nature.
An example of experiences that may help guide you:
· Thrive with change: We are striving to build a diverse team utilizing a wide range of technologies while working with a global customer base. What we work on this quarter will not necessarily be the same as last quarter and that is one of the things we love about our team.
· Experience shipping or running production systems and/or software
· Service delivery experience including architecture, coding, and cloud services
· Experience working in geographically dispersed, diverse, and virtual teams
· Prior experience as a tech lead and/or coaching teams on concepts like CI/CD, test driven development, open source contributions and agile methodologies would be helpful
· Willing to follow as well as lead
· Contributes to the success of projects, process, and execution efficiency across an organization in addition to within projects where you have direct responsibility
· Experience making good choices in ambiguous situations sometimes with little direction
· Knows the right patterns to apply and leads the team to discover these
· Expands existing assets to multiply use
· Leads application of patterns to improve quality, productivity, and performance of solutions
The preferred location for this role in Sydney, we would consider Melbourne.
Due to current travel and work restriction we will require either existing Australia work rights, Citizenship or PR.
At Microsoft we are seeking people who have a passion for the positive impact technology can have on the communities and for making a difference in the world. Within CSE, we have an informal and flexible work environment and you will be welcome to work from home, our offices, customer sites– wherever is best for you to get your job done. We invest in your health, wellness, and financial future by offering a competitive package including a wide range of benefits built around your personal needs and those close to you.
We welcome diversity of all kinds. Our team includes many perspectives, cultures, educational backgrounds, life stages, identities, and technical skills, and we believe this contributes to our success and that of our customers. If you love writing quality code and learning new technologies, enjoy thinking about challenging engineering problems and, above all, if you’re able to lead others to do the same, then we’d love to hear from you.