The Probation & Parole Supervisor is responsible for developing a small team of professionally qualified staff who case manage different cohorts of offenders under supervision with Probation & Parole. You will oversee work practices ensuring performance and practice are consistent, and of a high quality standard.
In this role you will be a member of the regional senior management team and benefit from professional development opportunities in more senior roles. The successful applicant will work at the Cairns Probation and Parole Office but can be directed to work at other offices within Far Northern Region.
Mandatory Qualifications, Conditions and Requirements
– There are no mandatory requirements but the following are highly desirable for success in the role.
– Possession of a degree relevant for the human services or criminology fields such as Law, Justice, Humanities, Psychology, Social Sciences, Social Welfare, Health, Education, Business and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies.
– Possession of a recognised qualification in management and leadership.
– The incumbent may be required to travel on official business and the possession of a C class licence is required, and will be mandatory in specific locations where it is identified as essential by the hiring panel.
We are seeking applicants who:
– Are self-aware and consistent with the attitudes and behaviours that need to be modelled in a correctional environment
– Are resilient to remain motivated in achieving high standards in the delivery of essential frontline services
– Are well rounded in administrative and technical skills that assist in the achievement of workplace goals
– Are aspiring to commit to a career in the public service and the levels of accountability required
– Are committed to Department’s goal to protect community safety and make a difference to changing lives
– Are committed to addressing the issues impacting upon the over representation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders offenders in the criminal justice system.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.