Product Manager Distributed Energy Resources
Be a part of something amazing for WesternAustralia
Being a part of the Horizon Power team isabout building a better future for regional WesternAustralia. Every day Horizon Power supplies electricity toover 110,000 residents and 10,000 businesses in remote and regionalWestern Australia. Spanning a service area of 2.3 millionsquare kilometres, we are responsible for the largest geographicalcatchment of any Australian power provider.
We are passionate about delivering customer-centric energysolutions that drive regional growth, vibrant communities andensure our customers, including those in some of the most isolatedand remote communities in the world, receive cleaner, safe andreliable power.
About the role
Reporting to the ManagerCustomer Solutions the Product Manager DER will lead the design anddevelopment of Customer Experience division DER products andservices (including renewable energy generation, energy storage anddemand management). The products and services are to bealigned to Horizon Power’s strategicinitiatives.
The key aspects of the role are:
- In conjunction with DER Engineering team, develop a strategy to expand the deployment and utilisation of behind the meter (BTM) DER control technologies across the business
- Identify economic structures to share the costs and benefits between Horizon Power and its customers
- Engage within the business and with customers and other stakeholders to build support and consensus around preferred technologies and methods of delivery and support
- Analyse the effectiveness of DER control in achieving business and customer outcomes
- Develop customer and product rules and business processes to support deployment of DER control
- Utilise customer and market insight to improve DER control
- Regularly assess any reputational implications and develop strategies as required to manage
- Sponsor demonstrations and pilots of new BTM opportunities where these are aligned to business outcomes
Engineering, Procurement and Construction Projects &Revenue Retention
- Identify initiatives for revenue growth or retention through delivery of customer or Government DER programs or services, including in collaboration with third-party suppliers
- In conjunction with Project or Program manager, define the project scope, works deliverables, budgets, and schedules for identified initiatives, in line with the applicable approved business case/s
- Monitor the delivery of works and service contracts with third-party suppliers, with guidance from the Manager Customer Solutions
- Understand project risks and manage risks and issues throughout the project or program lifecycle
- Monitor project dependencies to meet agreed quality, time and cost objectives
- Monitor the budget and provide accurate and timely reporting on all projects
- Provide strategic advice on the development, approach and delivery of customer facing products and services, including DER and demand side management
- Develop plans and engage with key stakeholders, as relevant to specific projects, in-line with the Division service ethos
In addition to sharing ourpassion, to be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary level degree qualification in a relevant field
- Minimum of 8 years in DER product or project management (or similar) experience
- Knowledge of DER technology and network integration
- Ability to develop product strategies aligned to organizational goals
- High degree of influencing and negotiating skills
- Previous project based experience of customer facing products and services
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple streams of work to deliver overall project goals
- An understanding of and ability to meet budget end of month requirements
- Ability to manage a portfolio/program of works
- Ability to negotiate with suppliers and vendors to ensure optimum economic, reliability and safety outcomes
- Be an output focused and solutions oriented team member who is capable of working in a rapidly evolving and dynamic team environment
When you join HorizonPower, you become a part of a diverse and talented team; a group ofpeople who drive innovation, embrace collaboration, and celebrateregional Western Australia.
Horizon Power is committed to Aboriginal & Torres StraitIslander opportunity, Equal Employment opportunity, and toattracting and retaining the most talented employees who share ourpassion.
Apply now via the button below. Applications close 6pm on22 September 2020.
We reserve the right to withdraw this advert prior tothe closing date
Position No: NEW
Applications Close: 22/09/2020 6:00 PM
Work Type: Permanent – Full Time
Location: Bentley Office
Occupation: Project Management
Level: Salaried Level 8