The role of the Program Deliverer is to facilitate the design, development, delivery and evaluation of educational, developmental, cultural and recreational programs for young people within a youth detention centre.
Mandatory qualifications, conditions and requirements
One of the referees should be an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person who can attest to the applicant’s background, knowledge, skills and experience as they relate to the cultural capabilities of this role.
– Design, develop, deliver and evaluate relevant programs to address the health and wellbeing of young people in detention that will aid in appropriate reintegration and rehabilitation strategies for young people back to their respective community.
– Ensure appropriate resources, language, role modelling and information is provided to support the learning needs of the young people.
– Programs delivered to align to the philosophy and purpose of youth detention and appropriately interface with the overall operations of the centre.
– Effectively liaise with operational and other youth detention centre staff in relation to the delivery of programs.
– Prepare high quality reports, briefings and correspondence as required.
– Oversee the stock movement and inventory or program resources consistent with centre practice.
– Maintain safety and security requirements in accordance with the youth detention centre’s policies and procedures, as well as workplace health and safety legislation as it pertains to the program.
– Maintain records of program attendance and participation through manual and automated processes.
– Participate productively and collaboratively as a member of a multi-disciplinary team in delivering programs and services to clients.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.
Job Ad Reference Number: QLD/353922/20
Closing Date: Thursday, 30 September 2021
***Expressions of Interest are called for the temporary coverage of the role of Program Deliverer, Cleveland Youth Detention Centre. Temporary vacanices over the next 12 months may be sourced from this applicant pool.