negotiable / month
We value a diverse workforce with different life experiences, skills and backgrounds including people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTQIA+ and people from all cultural and linguistic backgrounds
- Permanent Part Time
- Hourly rate from $27.82 plus super and the option to salary package
- Work in your local community!
Avivo is a leading community services organisation in Western Australia. We work closely with people and families who need individualised support services due to disability, ageing or mental ill-health.
We are committed to people living as valued citizens, making their own decisions, developing their abilities and growing in their relationships. We believe in an organisational culture where all employees can develop and do their best work.
The Individualised Community Living Strategy (ICLS) team are looking for a Recovery Mentor, with experience in Mental Health to support a customer based in the Osborne Park and surrounding areas.
Our ICLS program is focused on identifying and building on the strengths of our customers to enhance their recovery and meet their individual needs.
The complexity of the work we do requires the applicants to have the skills and knowledge of a sophisticated recovery practice.
- Domestic and household assistance
- Social support including assistance with community access and attending appointments
- Support for complex Mental Illness
- Providing reliable, timely and flexible services that best meet the needs of the individual and their family
- Problem solving issues with the person and/or their family, and the team
- Regular communication with local team and participation in team meetings
What we require:
- Certificate IV in Mental Health or working towards this
- Previous experience in the Mental Health sector and supporting people in recovery
- Display strong communication skills with an ability to take initiative
- Ability to build good relationships and maintain professional boundaries
- Work effectively around chaos and find simple, creative solutions
- Ability to facilitate people to develop and sustain their own social connections and relationships
- Commitment to helping people to develop skills to self-manage their lifestyle and well being
- Good understanding of strength based practice and how to apply it
- Flexible to provide supports during the week and on weekends (weekend work is required)
- Daily access to a reliable vehicle and possess a valid driver’s licence (essential).
It is desired for interested candidates to be living in or around the Osborne Park Area.
In return, you will receive awesome conditions:
- An hourly rate from $27.82 plus super
- Option to Salary Package up to $18,550 to reduce taxable income
- A Mobile Phone to use for work
- Pay for kilometres and time travelled between supports
- Extra 2 days of leave per year and 17.5% leave loading for Annual Leave
- Comprehensive training opportunities and supportive team