POSITION: Registered Nurse – Child and Family Health Nurse
HOURS: Permanent Part Time 24 hours per week – days and time can be flexible by negotiations
OPERATIONAL BASE : Stockland Shellharbour Shopping Centre
VACCINATION CATEGORY: A – High Risk
RESPONSIBLE TO : Through to Director Clinical Services
“The First 2000 Days shapes a child’s life”
Karitane is a not for profit early parenting organisation within NSW that supports families, builds parenting capacity, enhances parent child relationships and strengthens a family’s connections through supports in their community.
An exciting opportunity exists for a highly skilled Child and Family Health Nurse to join our dynamic team at Stocklands Shopping Centre, Shellharbour.
In this position you will be supported to work alongside our strong partnership with Gidget House in a unique and innovative Integrated Care Centre providing support to families with children from 0-5 years. Advancement to Clinical Nurse Specialist may be considered at review of position after the probationary period.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA ( Criteria must be addressed in the criteria)
• NSW Registered Nurse with AHPRA with recognised post graduate qualifications in Child and Family Health and at least 3 years fulltime equivalent clinical experience in Child and Family Health nursing.
• Demonstrated understanding of the principles and practices and specialist delivery of secondary CFH services
In Centre and via telehealth.
• Demonstrated experience working with families from diverse backgrounds within a partnership and strengths based framework to achieve agreed family goals and outcomes.
• Demonstrated ability to provide complex care and advanced clinical Child and Family Health nursing skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with co-located partners and more broadly the Illawarra Local Health District.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with clients and colleagues both verbal and written
• Understanding of the principles of secondary health care in the context of Child and Family Health Nursing
• Consistently demonstrates behaviours that reinforce the Values of our organisation: Respect, Innovation, Collaboration & Excellence.
• Current drivers licence recognised in NSW
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Various employment status on a 24 hour rotating roster in accordance with the Named NSW (Non- Declared) Affiliated Health Organisations’ Nurse’s Agreement 2017. Shift times and days may be varied according to the needs of the organisation. Karitane services are provided at a number of sites within the Sydney Metropolitan Area and across NSW.
The majority of Karitane services close for approximately two weeks over the Christmas/New Year period, during which time employees are required to take leave.
Karitane supports a smoke free environment including grounds, buildings and vehicles.
A comprehensive position description is available on our website:
All Applications are to be through email and enquiries:
Nurse Unit Manager
Virtual Home Visit – Parenting Centre
Oran Park Parenting Centre
Bondi Parenting Store
Tel. (02) 97942343 Mob 0408075669
Close date: COB Friday 18 September 2020