We are currently recruiting for a Safety Project Manager to be based in Brisbane on a nine month assignment for the upcoming Eastern Transit Way (ETW) project.
The role will be working with the project team in helping with the preparation and evaluating of all things safety for the project, particularly our high risk areas and activities; whilst also being available to other operational areas to assist with all things safety.
About your new role:
- Subcontractor (and internal) SWMS evaluations – Someone familiar or experienced with writing, reviewing and monitoring on site SWMS
- Providing input into the SMP and updating as required
- Developing detailed emergency management plans and procedures
- Monitor developed controls regarding workers fatigue and welfare compliance.
- Completion of regular safety inspections, interactions and audits
- Assessing the sites delineation, barriers and signage for suitability with regards to pedestrian and cyclists safety
- Promotion of safe work practices onsite through interactions with the crews, running onsite meetings and toolbox and delivering any associated training
- Assistance / guidance to the project team with any associated project safety requirements IE. Current legislation and compliance – first aid facilities, electrical test and tag, fire extinguishers etc, safety audit preparation
- Ensure hazardous materials / chemicals are stored and handled correctly
- Monitor projects activities are undertaken as per procedures. (dust, noise, vibration, manual handling, transport- load restraint, high risk construction activities)
- Significant demonstrated experience as a safety officer preferable in the construction industry
- Relevant WH&S qualifications (tertiary level highly desirable)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated stakeholder engagement experience
Click on the APPLY NOW link to submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
Who we are
As one of Australia’s largest employers, we work with great companies all around Australia and New Zealand to give you the very best permanent, contract and temp work.
At Programmed, we are committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment which values and respects diverse styles, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
We welcome and encourage women, people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent and people from diverse backgrounds to apply.
So it’s over to you. If you would like to join our team, please APPLY now.
To learn more about working with Programmed, we encourage you to visit our website.
Report this job advert
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs.
Learn how to protect yourself here .
Applications for this role will take you to the advertiser’s site.