Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Execute a sales strategy to provide high value solutions and grow business.
2. Provide training, leadership and coaching for Sales Engineers and Senior Engineers as they work to develop relationships with SEL customers and channel partners.
3. Lead pricing and commercial strategy decisions.
4. Understand the true requirements and objectives of customers. Determine, communicate and deliver the optimal SEL solution that best meets their needs.
5. Maintain strong knowledge of all SEL products and solutions, and teach customers and sales teams SEL technology and innovation.
6. Support regional leadership’s development and delivery of quarterly orders forecasts and sales goals.
7. Collect, analyze and report industry, competitor and customer trends to the greater SEL organization.
8. Drive strategic account and regional sales planning processes.
9. Leads discussions with customers that optimize commercial relationships at executive levels.
10. Active participant in the development and optimization of business tools to maintain customer relationship information, opportunity tracking and sales activities.
11. Model and teach SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World-Class Manufacturing principles. Leads in the effort and motivates others to improve processes.
12. Understand. Create. Simplify.
13. Other duties as assigned.
B.S. in Electrical Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and/or work experience in technical sales
10 or more years of experience in sales of power systems equipment
Demonstrated success growing sales within a territory and teaching others within the organization to be successful
Strong knowledge of industry practices
Ability to travel
Effective and engaging communication skills
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Fluent in local language and business practices
Background check results satisfactory to SEL
Negative drug test result(s)
Master’s degree in Business Administration, Management, or related discipline
Experience using SEL products
Utility and Industrial industry experience
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled.