In the role of School Crossing Supervisor, you will assist pedestrians to cross the road safely and direct vehicles within the crossing environment to ensure the safe operation of approved school crossings.
– Assist children to safely cross roads
– Monitor and report serious incidents at school crossings
– Provide advice to pedestrians on safety rules pertaining to school crossings
– Carry out duties within the parameters of workplace health and safety requirements
– Identify and make recommendations for changes to standard practices
Please refer to Role Description for more
– This is a casual position.
– Applications will remain current for up to 12 months.
– You may be required to work across a number of school crossing locations within a reasonable distance from each other.
The recommended applicant will be required to:
– Disclose any serious disciplinary action taken against them in public sector employment.
– Possess a current Blue Card. If you are successful in your application for this position you can only commence employment if you have a current Blue Card
– Pass a health assessment by a Government Medical Officer or other duly qualified medical practitioner
– Under Section 122F of the Transport Operations (Road Use Management) Act 1995 an applicant for, or a person occupying a School Crossing Supervisor position must give written notice for:-
a. For a charge laid or an offence of which the applicant is convicted before the application is made – with the application; or
b. For a charge laid or an offence of which the applicant is convicted after the application is made but before the application is decided – as soon as practicable after the charge is laid or applicant is convicted; or
c. For a charge laid or an offence of which the crossing supervisor is convicted after becoming a crossing supervisor – as soon as practicable after the charge is laid or the crossing supervisor is convicted.
Applications to remain current for 12 months