Queensland Health - Department of Health
negotiable / month
Seeking a Scientist to join the Pathology Queensland team in Cairns in the Microbiology/Serology/Molecular departments on a permanent part-time basis of 45.6 hours per fortnight to assist in the provision of an effective and efficient pathology services to clients of the Cairns region and surrounding districts. This position requires scientists to rotate within all sections of the Microbiology/Serology/Molecular departments following appropriate training and subject to operational requirements.
- Job Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Part-time
- Location: Cairns region
- Contact Name: Shanelle Press
- Contact Number:
- Closing Date: 25-JAN-21
Health Support Queensland – Why work for us?
At Health Support Queensland (HSQ), you will be part of an organisation who helps care for Queenslanders.
We know it is important for people to work in an organisation that provides more than just a job. In joining HSQ, you will embark on a journey to help us realise our vision of being ‘Australia’s best healthcare support partner’.
Once you join us, we will expect you to exemplify the HSQ fundamental principles of ICARE:
- Integrity, being honest and ethical in everything we say and do.
- Customers and patients first, putting customers and patients at the centre of everything we do.
- Accountability, taking personal responsibility for our actions.
- Respect, being considerate, recognising our differences and looking out for each other.
- Engagement, actively investing in positive outcomes by partnering with others.
What is on offer:
- Up to 12.75% employer superannuation contributionAnnual leave loading 17.5%
- Salary packaging
- Work/life balance, variety and flexibility
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional development leave
- Professional development allowance
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrated knowledge, expertise and skill in the delivery of scientific judgement within the various disciplines of the Microbiology/Serology/Molecular departments.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in a single-discipline or multidisciplinary team and contribute a range of diagnostic skills relevant to the discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to apply established principles to Microbiology/Serology/Molecular departments with provision of results and clinical advice in a client focused manner.
- Ability to participate on a 7-day roster as required and contribute a range of diagnostic skills relevant to the discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and implement quality and service improvement activities in accordance with NATA/ISO accreditation / certification.
How to apply:
Please provide the following information to the panel to assess your suitability:
- Your current CV or resume, including the names and contact details of two referees. Referees should have a thorough knowledge of your capabilities, work performance and conduct within the previous two years, and it is preferable to include your current, immediate or past supervisor.
- A short statement (maximum two pages) on how your experience, abilities, knowledge and personal qualities are relevant for the role, taking into account the key responsibilities and attributes noted in the ‘What we are looking for?’ section.