Our Very Own Pty Ltd
negotiable / month
Senior Backend Engineer
Technology Practice · Remote (Currently)/ Docklands, Victoria
At OVO, we solve problems – no matter how big or small – we partner with enterprise and startups alike… we help our clients design and build for better. We’re a fun and upcoming consultancy based in Docklands; we’re starting small but with big ambitions. We’re a bunch of designers, developers and product people – that work hard but play hard too. We have a fun, inclusive environment that thrives on collaboration and….Tim-Tams 😉
What we’re looking for?
We’re looking for a Contract Senior Backend Engineer Contractor to join the OVO Technology Practice on a three-plus month contract. You will be assigned to one of our clients’ main different portfolios. Working onsite with our corporate partners you will be embedded in a cross functional Agile delivery team.
On any typical day you will:
- Work to build great products and solutions with our clients who include ASX listed enterprise, start-ups, not-for-profits and sometimes for our ventures, you could be based in our studio or onsite with our clients.
- Rapidly test and iterate your implementations.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Represent OVO onsite with clients.
- Proven experience with git-based collaboration using pull requests and continuous integration.
- Demonstrated understanding of the software development lifecycle in agile environments.
- Expertise in engineering systems using a range of languages specifically (Java, node.js, Dotnet Core).
- Understanding of AWS, Azure beyond the basics.
- Understanding of running in a containerised environment.
- Design knowledge of (RESTful) API Specs (Swagger etc).
- You are able to work with broader technology and product and delivery teams to influence standards and solutions to ensure that Engineering teams are leveraging best practice patterns and processes,
- You have experience in delivering projects to assigned scope, time, and budget requirements (Agile and/or Waterfall),
- Real-world, demonstrable experience building well-designed back-ends that create a seamless user experience
- Proven ability to work autonomously and deliver
- Ability to communicate, present and influence where needed.
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements, providing consultation and technical guidance
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model to regularly deliver your solutions
- Be willing to help teammates, share knowledge and experience with them, and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving feedback, growing and evolving with this.
- Experience consuming third party APIs and microservices
- You understand product design and customer experience
- GraphQL Experience
- Experience in a range of databases specifically (MYSQL, Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres)
- Expertise in engineering systems using a range of bonus languages specifically (Go, Scala, Elixir, Ruby, Python, Kotlin).
- Expertise in Enterprise Content Management Systems specifically (Aquia, AEM, Drupal, Sitecore)
- Expertise in GCP Cloud
Let’s end with what is on offer?
- You’ll be joining a fun and supportive team.
- We’re small but we’ve got big ambitions.
- Lunch and Learns
- Access to learning resources including Pluralsight, Udemy and A Cloud Guru