Auto & General Insurance Company Ltd
negotiable / month
Due to continued growth, we are looking for a Senior Claims Consultants to join our Complex and Legal Settlements Team. We are looking for people who can form a logical case, communicate with strong conviction, self-manage, and ensure a fair outcome is delivered on every claim.
You will be responsible for managing the end to end process of settlement claims where a third party representative or credit hire is involved or where the subject matter is complex. You will ensure all costs are contained to only the amount that Auto and General is liable to pay and utilise case law precedents, legislation, and superior negotiation skills to deliver this on every claim.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Manage a portfolio of settlements files
- Assess liability and settlement outcomes
- Expertly negotiate with third parties, insurers, solicitors and representatives
- Resolve complex settlement claims
- Manage relationships with our panel of legal supplies
- Follow settlement methodology ensuring company procedures and relevant legislation is adhered to
- Consult with external solicitors on claims requiring defence or settlement offers
- Utilise careful preparation, high levels of attention to detail and sound judgement to make decisions on claims settlements within your delegation of authority
- Application of Insurance Contracts Act, Code of Practice and other regulatory authorities
Knowledge and Experience:
- Claims and Settlements experience highly regarded
- Background in managing complex insurance claims including legal litigation desirable
- Sharp eye for detail and proven ability to follow processes
- Well grounded negotiation and communication skills
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Able to deal effectively and confidently with conflict
- Effective time management capabilities
- Self motivated and able to work unsupervised
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Enjoy additional leave days – ‘ME’ leave and ‘Volunteer Day’ leave;
- Join our vibrant social and community activities including annual celebration, family fun days and regular events across each of our sites;
- Study support (up to 50% of tuition fees for relevant courses) and professional membership reimbursement;
- Employee discounts on Car, Home, Travel insurance;
- Income protection insurance provided to support you in the event of non-work related illness or injury;
- Discounts with a broad range of providers, including gym memberships, accommodation, dental care and more.
If you are seeking a new challenge and would enjoy the opportunity to work in a growing and changing business, click on the APPLY NOW button and submit your application.
Auto & General welcome and value diversity in the workplace.
*A note from Auto & General to recruitment agencies: We politely ask that you avoid making any approaches or sending any unsolicited resumes to our Recruitment Team or Hiring Leaders across our business. Auto & General is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.