John Holland Pty Ltd
negotiable / month
At John Holland, we’re all about transforming lives by finding solutions to complex challenges across a wide range of industries.
In conjunction with our clients and partners, John Holland transforms communities through the delivery of large-scale projects across key sectors and industries including infrastructure, civil construction, traffic management and tunnelling.
We aim to maximise the potential of all our people. This means having an inclusive culture that values and sustains diversity and a work-life balance. To achieve this, we are focused on:
- Embedding flexible work practices
- Providing development opportunities for our women
- Leaders championing and supporting our females to succeed
- Actively looking to attract and promote women into non- traditional roles and putting support structures in place to help them succeed.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for a Senior Contracts Administrator for a position in Melbourne to plan and manage the end to end commercial management of large subcontracts and self-performed works. You’ll also be responsible for working effectively with internal and external stakeholders to deliver project commercial outcomes.
Typical Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Participate in scope of works planning, ensuring that scope gaps are minimised, cost efficiencies are maximised and subcontractor capabilities are considered
- Prepare procurement strategies, including breakdown into individual works packages, identification of potential subcontractors, procurement methods and timing
- Provide management and leadership to other commercial roles, including direct reports
- Maintain contact and good working relationships with a broad range of subcontractors and a maintain good awareness of market conditions and movements
- Assess commercial and contractual risks, identify and implement appropriate controls and escalate actual or potential issues to Commercial Manager and or Project Manager
- Provide commercial support for self-perform works
- Assist dispute resolution processes as required
- Ensure cost forecasting for allocated subcontracts and cost codes (including those allocated to direct reports) are accurately maintained and cost issues are appropriately escalated upon identification
- Effectively manage subcontracts through all phases, including scope preparation, procurement, cost forecasting, subcontractor management, claims/variations processing, completion and close out
- Operate and maintain commercial and contract systems including Project Costs Reporting (PCR), Asset Registers, Commercial pack and Contract Sum
- Ensure compliance with Building Code at all times and report any potential non-compliances
- Prepare reporting on commercial performance periodically and on an ad hoc basis as required
- Assist with Head Contract administration where required
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Economics, Quantity Surveying, Law, Commerce or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Contracts Administrator or Quantity Surveyor in the construction and engineering industry
- Experience in all stages of subcontract management, including scope preparation, procurement, cost forecasting, subcontractor management, claims/variations management, completion and close out
- Site-based engineering or construction experience
- Experience with a variety of project values and complexity, including large, technically complex works packages
- Strong commercial acumen and awareness in areas of cost management and contract law
- Knowledge and understanding of industry market conditions and movements
- Demonstrated ability to manage commercial negotiations
- wareness and compliance with document control and records management procedures
As part of the team, you help us deliver on our promise to transform lives.
In return, we offer rewarding careers, genuine opportunities to develop and grow, and a workplace culture that values and recognises effort and contribution.
If you are interested in these roles and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
Please note: This role is being sourced through John Holland directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.