Michael Page International GmbH
negotiable / month
Join a global leader and help refine how they engage their customers
Lead a small team while remaining technically hands on
About Our Client
Michael Page is working with a global technology client that is underpinned by customer connection. Having held a strong market leader in Australia for the past decade, this mass consumer based business is data rich and now looking for an experienced Data Scientist to drive these stories into true business outcomes.
- Lead a small team of Data Scientists
- Interact, present and converse confidently with C-Suite executives
- Work with and lead cross functional teams and external agencies to deliver meaningful deliverables
- Identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyse data from company databases to drive optimisation and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimise customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
The Successful Applicant
In order to be considered for this opportunity, you will have:
- Led members or been a senior member of a data science or analytics team.
- Be passionate about driving value for customers and businesses through data, analytics, models and algorithms.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Experience with the Microsoft Azure / AWS cloud stack
What’s on Offer
This is a unique opportunity to lead a high performing data science team that is focused on driving forward all experiences with the customer. This role will gain exposure to the executive team and working strategically while technically still being very hands on. Our client is paying above market rate to ensure they attract the best talent available for this role. Role commencing remotely. Interstate candidates considered.