– Permanent full-time position in a great location.
– Flexible working conditions and ongoing opportunities for training and career development
– Be involved in one of TMR’s largest transport infrastructure programs
In the role of Senior Engineer (Civil) you will undertake detailed investigations into traffic engineering issues on the state road network in the North Coast Region. This will include speed limit reviews, assessment of pedestrian crossing infrastructure and complex sign and line marking designs, assessment of roadside hazards and intersection upgrades, and undertaking crash investigations. The role is also responsible for investigating crash trends, identifying crash remedial treatments, developing concept designs and estimates and funding submissions for capital works to address road safety concerns. The position requires a very high level of verbal and written communications, liaising with internal and external stakeholders to provide expert advice to high volumes of public enquires, ensuring they are thoroughly assessed and critically analysed to arrive at a recommended treatment.
Lead the activities of a work group to:
– Carry out complex investigation and analysis of road infrastructure to identify deficiencies, and determine, design and deliver appropriate remedial treatments to improve road safety
– Investigate and report on road infrastructure conditions at traffic crash sites throughout the region’s road network to identify safety deficiencies and to action or recommend remedial treatments
– Carry out complex investigation and analysis of crash data on the regional road network to determine factors which may be influencing crash rates and then to assess the most appropriate application of a wide range of engineering treatments to improve road safety
– Evaluate and design safe and effective traffic devices for the Region in accordance with legislative requirements and departmental guideline
– Identify and nominate candidate safety improvement projects.
– Evaluate, respond and recommend possible treatments to road safety enquiries and provide expert advice to internal and external stakeholders.
– Approve outgoing correspondence and minor works orders.
– Represent the Region to assist Crown Law with regard to regional litigation issues.
This position reports to the Principal Engineer (Civil).
Applications to remain current for 12 months