Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
With over 12,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of the Microsoft end-to-end customer experience. This newly expanded organization reflects the Microsoft ambition to be known as a customer experience company, ensuring our Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more is enabled by delighting customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every interaction through a connected customer experience.
Microsoft has a tremendous opportunity to exceed customer expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust, which leads to greater satisfaction, retention, and growth. The CE&S organization is looking for people with a passion for delivering customer success to help us build a future where customers come to us, not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, and also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience that is rooted in our commitment to delivering on customer outcomes.
Escalation Engineers (EE) investigate and solve critical, complex, and highly technical issues using mostly code-level techniques – like trace and source code analysis, debugging tools, reverse engineering techniques and other sophisticated diagnostic tools. EEs are responsible for driving Product Engineering engagement. They handle highly complex politically charged and financially important cases through collaboration and conflict resolution skills and act as key collaboration point for support teams.
In this role you will become world best in your area of expertise. Besides technical talent, we are looking for people who thrive under challenging circumstances and engage in difficult situations while they learn.
Do you want to be at the forefront of a growing security deployment security practice within the FastTrack Center? Do you like working in a fast-paced environment with a team of smart, highly motivated deployment engineers. Looking for a customer focused, analytical, and high energy candidate to join our team who will be responsible for delivering onboarding support services.
Escalation Engineers (EE) investigate and solve critical, complex, technical issues that are typically identified by colleague’s customer engagements. The EE frequently collaborates with Support and Product Group Engineers and is responsible for driving the Product Group improvement process. EEs regularly solve issues that are not only technically complex, but politically charged, requiring strong conflict resolution and communication skills to represent Microsoft to all stakeholders. The strengths of an EE are employing problem isolation techniques, product internals, and code knowledge to solve new problems.
Besides technical talent, we are looking for people who thrive under challenging circumstances and engage in difficult situations while they learn.
• Handle highly complex, political, financial, executive level cases – as business demands
• Key collaboration point for advanced troubleshooting to unblock issues – including the use of code-level techniques
• Manage engagement with Product Engineering for Support-raised escalations
• Work alongside Serviceability and engineering teams as trusted advisor to improve incident resolution or service deficiency
• Drive process, tool, service delivery and solution improvements that enable effective troubleshooting and remediation (incl. Diagnostics)
• Provide ramp activities for junior engineers, knowledge sharing, technical coaching and mentoring
• Drive technical collaboration and engagement outside of CSS (Product Engineering teams/Services/Support/Regions)
• Lead or participate in building communities with peer delivery roles; may be workload or specialty specific
Provides consultancy and acts as business value advisers to customers by addressing business goals through alignment of technology, overcoming deployment complexities, and securing customers during onboarding to the M365 suite.
• Identify the actions needed for a smooth and efficient cloud onboarding.
• Lead with an identity driven security approach based on Microsoft best practices.
• Partner with the customer’s IT staff to define a recommended remediation plan.
• Enable M365 services and deliver governance best practices.
• Identify and recommend Microsoft value add services to remediate technical blockers.
• Orchestrate the resolution of technical issues that arise during the onboarding phases, leveraging all available resources such as Support, Premier, ATU, etc. Where applicable, serve as technical Subject Matter Expert in an aligned specialty.
• Acquire in-depth level technical knowledge on the newest M365 services, with depth expertise in a specific workload, and disseminate information among team members as well as drive service improvements.
• Cultivate and share knowledge proactively with others through communities, solution documents, and social media to drive strong collaboration across the FTC.
• Capture engagement data, customer health, and communicate process and technology improvement feedback helping drive product improvement and automation.
• Represent the Voice of the Customer by tracking and reporting all product blocking issues, and feedback to M365 stakeholders (e.g. PG, PMG, Incubation, etc.) using prescribed channels.
• Understand and describe key attributes of core cloud concepts (PaaS, SaaS, IaaS) and how Microsoft’s offerings (M365/Azure) align to these areas.
• Adapt communication to stakeholders with different level of technical expertise.
• Become a Trusted Advisor for the customer’s IT, Security and Business decision maker stakeholders.
• Possess the knowledge to articulate Microsoft 365 vision and leverage all features across services to maximize customer investment and accelerate transformation.
• Maintain and utilize readiness to educate and enable customers to realize business value through deployment of key suite features. SMEs maintain advanced level knowledge in their aligned specialty.
• Consistent execution of the FastTrack process by keeping up with Service Descriptions, FastTrack playbook, FastTrack offers and regularly capturing customer engagement data in FTOP.
• Cloud adoption expertise and staying current with technology trends across Microsoft and competitors’ products and services.
• Deliver engagement with customer through a One Microsoft Approach: a seamless customer experience collaborating and coordinating with Microsoft internal stakeholders and Partners.
• Mentor peers and partner technical resources.
• 5+ years’ experience with customer relationships and credibility through strong technical delivery
• 5+ years’ experience supporting Microsoft 365 technologies
Proficient in these listed skills:
• Office 365 L200
• EMS L200
• Windows 10 L200
• OPP L200
• Teams L200
• Networking – L200
• Identity – L300
• Cloud concepts – L200
• Security and Compliance – L300
• Scripting – L200
• Problem solving – L300
• Influencing skills – L300
• Soft Skills – L300
• L100 – L400 (essentials/intermediate/advanced/expert)
• Exceptional collaborator on complex multi-faceted technologies across multiple groups with varying priorities.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to handle difficult and sensitive situations.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form (https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest) .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.