Senior Finance Analyst – Disney Streaming Services
Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 765427BR Location Richmond, Victoria, Australia Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Sep. 07, 2020
This newly created Senior Finance Analyst ANZ is responsible for managing the finance partnering activities of Disney Streaming Services (DSS) in Australia & New Zealand (ANZ). Finance activities include budgeting, forecasting, strategic planning and reporting on financial and subscriber information for ANZ activities to local management, regional and BBK/NYC Global as required. DSS is one of the newest and largest strategic initiatives for Disney, requiring an innovative and entrepreneurial approach to finance and business partnering – including the creation, implementation and ongoing management of commercial, finance and analytics principles to ensure the long term success of Disney Streaming Services within ANZ. The role also works with local Controllership to manage the integrity of the GL, ensuring the appropriate financial controls and accounting policies are applied within the business unit.
- Prepare and publish financial/management reports including key business KPIs (Churn, New Trials/Paid Subs etc.) to assess health of business
- The continued development of the Strategic Plan, Budgeting and Forecasting processes to ensure accuracy and efficiency
- Support Head of DSS ANZ and DSS Finance in New York/Burbank in the development of budgets, financial plans, and subscriber modelling for cyclical forecasts, AOP and 5YP purposes
- Prepare rolling quarterly forecasts for review with CFO, Head of DSS ANZ and DSS Finance in New York/Burbank
- Ensure alignment of local financial plans and trackers with US stakeholders, including Content teams in Burbank, and DSS Business teams in New York
- Delivery to CFO of ongoing operational results based on key drivers vs. budget/forecast
- Ad Hoc analysis supporting various strategic initiatives and business priorities across direct trading, content, partnerships and marketing
- Work with local controllership to ensure appropriate financial controls and accounting policies of TWDC are applied/adhered to
- Working with Accounting, Shared Services and Controllership SAS to ensure accuracy of financial information including provisions for statutory and management accounts
- Support Head of DSS ANZ by considering the wider business context (taking into account all available business information, including that which is sensitive to the wider DSS team) to ensure commercial conversations are geared towards financial outcomes and ensuring alignment with our wholesale principals
- Support local Finance and Head of DSS ANZ with the modelling of potential new services or prospective bundling partnerships (i.e. Hulu, ESPN+ etc)
- Working closely with Head of DSS and Manager of Brand/Partnerships to identify and actively pursue effective and scalable financial/commercial initiatives and partnerships
- Support management through provision of financial information and detailed analysis required to make adjustments/improvements to marketing, content planning and analytics reporting requirements
- Assist Management, Local Legal and other appropriate local and US stakeholders with the conceptualisation, modelling, review and approval of marketing/partnership arrangements
- Work with Insights/Analytics team to ensure the effective sharing of knowledge across the various functions, ensuring good commercial acumen and decision making
- Managing and engaging with stakeholders across different time zones, including ad hoc meetings outside of typical working hours
- Support the preparation of quarterly presentation of financial results to senior management and international stakeholders
- Oversee implementation of new processes, systems and structures to meet the growing needs of the business
- Review existing processes and actively challenge the status quo, providing proposals for process/systems improvement that will positively impact business effectiveness
- Ensure the dissemination of sensitive information is in alignment with the principles outlined by US and Head of DSS
- Minimum of 4+ years’ experience in financial analysis, planning and budgeting
- Experience with SAP and COGNOS is preferred
- Experience with Tableau, Looker or other data analysis/visualisation tools beneficial
- Knowledge of Streaming and Subscription based business is beneficial
- Experience within high growth/start-up industries a plus
- Finance, Accounting or related degree – preference for qualified accountant though not essential
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Australia) Pty Limited , which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International .
Apply Now Apply Later
We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best – entertain and inform millions around the world. Learn more, here .