Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies.
AWS Support provides global technical support to a wide range of external customers as they build mission-critical applications on top of AWS services. As a senior member of the AWS Support Leadership team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications.
About the Role
As a Senior Manager, you will inspire and lead Managers to provide exceptional leadership & management across our support organization. You have a passion for cloud technology and operational excellence, and provide our customers with an exceptional experience. You have exceptional people management skills and demonstrate an ability to deliver through others. You will be able to effectively engage with all levels of the organization to deliver key outcomes for the business.
You will be accountable for providing our customers with an exceptional support experience and helping them in their time of need with highly technical and customer focused service. You will own the strategic direction and deliver on key customer initiatives to continually develop and drive best practice through the Support business.
· Strategic Planning and Execution: You will develop the strategic plan to achieve the business objectives for your team. You will define, plan, document and execute to deliver on initiatives to achieve customer focused outcomes. You will continually track and drive the progression of the initiative outcomes against goals to ensure that the team remains unblocked and focused.
· Team and Performance Management: You will own all facets of performance and career management for the team. You will hold regular team meetings, quarterly All Hands, and one on one meetings with all team members. You will be expected to mentor and drive excellence in all members in order to maintain a well-rounded, world class organization. This includes project management, quality audits and coordination of training sessions. You will own and be accountable for the output and performance of your team. You will drive continuous improvements to the team by developing and managing performance for the entire team.
· Engagement: You will own and drive the engagement levels of staff to create a highly focused team that is known for its innovation and ability to execute. You will ensure that you listen to feedback and continually drive improvements to staff working environments to engage with individuals and the teams.
· Operational Excellence: You will uphold and continue to drive operational excellence across the site and globe. You will drive best practices with a focus on outcomes for our customers. You will identify and own local and global initiatives that will continue to optimize our highly customer focused operational teams. You will have high performance standards that drive continuous improvement across the business.
· Recruiting and Hiring: You will take the lead in hiring quality talent who not only fit the needs of the current organization but will also allow the team to scale with our customer and service growth. You will own and drive recruitment and hiring activities that will enable scale and ensure that all targets are achieved. You will evaluate potential candidates, participate in initial phone screens and provide relevant guidance and feedback during onsite interview loops. You will also be responsible for ensuring that proper training takes place for all new hires.
· Incident and Escalations Management: You will be the point of contact for enquiries regarding engagement processes and issues impacting our customers during your team’s coverage. As a member of the Management Team, you will be expected to participate in managing customer, service and network escalations and related incidents. The manager is expected to respond to critical issues regarding engagement and incident management on an as needed basis. You will be driving initiatives regarding improvements to existing tools and processes and providing feedback on new practices and procedures in order to scale with the rapid expansion of the AWS services and customer base.
· Senior Leadership and Customer Engagement: You will engage with key senior stakeholders to deliver exceptional outcomes for customers. You will drive innovative solutions with partners and key stakeholders aligned to business and customer outcomes. You will remove road blocks at a senior level to ensure alignment across the business. You will lead the engagement with customers directly to drive understanding and improved service levels to customers. You will manage and be the accountable person for key customer performance outcomes. You will be proactive and reactive in the engagement of customers at senior levels within the customer’s organization.
· 10+ years’ experience in managing engineering teams in high-paced operations environment with 5+years as a senior manager with a track record of success.
· Innovative-thinking balanced with a strong customer and quality focus
· Experience handling large enterprise technical customer escalations
· Exceptional people leadership and engagement skills and demonstrated ability to inspire and motivate large teams of 50+
· Prior experience in a technical role is desirable
· Technical experience in AWS services
· Project and program management experience in delivering key business outcomes. Strong record of driving projects to improve and support-related processes and the right technical support experience.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Engineering, Computer Science, IT Degree or equivalent experience.
· MBA or equivalent experience.
Amazon Web Services is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Important FAQs for current Government employees
Before proceeding, please review the following FAQs
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.