Ventia is excited to announce a vacancy available for a Senior Legal Counsel to provide commercially astute legal advice and services to our Telecommunications sector.
This is a permanent full-time position, based in Brisbane or Sydney and reports to the General Counsel for Telecommunications (who is based in Brisbane).
Key areas of accountability for this position are:
- Operational legal support to the Telecommunications Sector and the Group Executive
- Legal review and support of tenders and new opportunities
- Identify risks apparent from tender related documents and reporting on these risks to tender teams and proposing solutions
- Draft legal review documentation and support senior management in tender review meetings
- Review, draft, negotiate and advise upon various contract documents (e.g. services contracts, panel agreements, leases, licences, joint venture agreements, confidentiality agreements)
- Provide day to day contract advice to the commercial and project delivery teams within the Telecommunications Sector
- Support internal approvals and prepare “sign off” advice in connection with the execution of contracts in accordance with business processes
- Convey key contract administration processes in executed client contracts to project delivery teams, conducting information/handover sessions, and liaising with project teams throughout the length of the project
- Avoid and manage formal disputes
- Execute legal/operational strategies for revenue recovery
- Review and assess complaints and information received against the Code of Conduct
- Provide supervision and mentoring of more junior team members
- Deliver training and presentations to the commercial and project delivery teams
This is a senior position which requires the successful applicant to be commercially astute and possess superior communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with senior stakeholders internally & externally, along with:
- Hold a current Australian practising certificate.
- Highly experienced senior solicitor (10+ years) in large corporate legal practice, major business or private practice environment
- Excellent knowledge of commercial law/construction law
- Experience in executing risk identification and management strategies
- Proven ability to drive results and financial impact
- Proven ability to negotiate effectively with internal and external clients and stakeholders
- Industry experience is highly desirable
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and create a high-performance business.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
Position Reference Number: 111232
Job Segment: Telecom, Telecommunications, Law, Contract Manager, Technology, Legal