At Schneider Electric we offer a flexible work environment enabling you to take control of how you get your work done. We are global specialists in Energy Management and Automation. We are dedicated to supplying our customers with safe, reliable and sustainable energy solutions. We invent technologies that will transform the places where we live, work and play.
Based at our Head Office in Macquarie Park, Sydney, we currently have an opportunity for a Senior Legal Counsel to join our team. In this highly consultative role, you will support the Pacific Zone General Counsel and the rest of the legal team in the provision of legal services to the business.
In this capacity, you will also undertake the following:
* Review and negotiate both product and systems integration commercial transactions in conjunction with the relevant business team,
* Provide quality and timely advice to the business and implement and monitor corporate compliance measures (anti-competition, consumer law, privacy etc).
* Work with and manage engagement of external legal advisers
* Participate in and support the business in special projects as required.
* Conduct and lead training of the commercial teams as required from time to time
* Manage litigation as occurs from time to time.
We are looking for an individual with at least 8 to 10 years PQE, preferably gained within a top tier law firm combined with several years In-house exposure. You will be an astute and driven high performer with clearly demonstrated success managing complex contracts and negotiations within a front-end construction and/or solution-based IT environment
Equally critical will be your resilience, efficiency and ability to effectively manage workload. You will be innovative in your thinking and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. It goes without saying you must be a team player who can work effectively with others to influence outcomes.
In return, we will offer you broad commercial exposure with a dynamic market leader, continuing education to support your professional development, a genuinely flexible working environment and strong career progression with the opportunity to work as part of a global team.
At Schneider Electric, we are open, we value differences, we listen, we learn, connect, and collaborate with others. We are proud to promote diversity, inclusion and work-life integration – we’re a great place to work but we are continually striving to be the best place to work, join us and see how!
*Primary Location:* AU-New South Wales-Sydney – Macquarie Park
*Unposting Date:* Jul 4, 2019, 5:59:00 PM
*Req ID:* 005GQP