Senior Medical Officer – Bamaga
Queensland Health (Organisation site ( http://www.health.qld.gov.au/ ))
Live at the northern most tip of Australia! Working in the Torres Strait and Northern Peninsula is more than a job, it is a great opportunity to challenge yourself, become an integral member of the local community, develop collaborative relationships with other health professionals and be a part of making a difference to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health outcomes by providing comprehensive health services.Based at Bamaga, the Senior Medical Officer provides general practice care to Bamaga primary health centres, and Thursday Island primary health care and outer island clinics as required.
Tell me more….
Be a member of a dynamic health care team that provides quality and culturally appropriate medical services, and make a significant contribution to improving the health of the local population. Participate in the building of a primary health team to invest in preventive health measures to keep our communities healthy. Based at Bamaga, the Senior Medical Officer providing general practice care to Bamaga primary health centres with Thursday Island primary health care and outer island clinics as required.
To be successful in this role you will have:
– Provide evidence-based and quality clinical care of individual patients in all domains of medical practice
– Manage the administrative requirements of patient care including ensuring discharge summaries and medico-legal correspondence is completed with minimal delay.
– Ensure quality professional communication with individual patients, relatives, guardians and all relevant health professionals necessary for quality clinical care outcomes, including for the transfer of responsibility of clinical care.
If this sounds like the right fit for you, Torres and Cape can offer you:
– Total Remuneration value up to $447 769 comprising salary between $155 589 – $214 897 p.a
– Generous employer contribution to superannuation (12.75%)
– Salary packaging option to increase your take home pay
– Work / Life balance, variety and flexibility (only if applicable)
– Professional development
Requirements for the role:
– Hold registration as a Medical Practitioner with the Medial Board of Australia.
– The position requires the incumbent required to undergo the credentialing and scope of clinical practice process in accordance with TCHHS policy.
– For additional information regarding the responsibilities, mandatory qualifications and/or other requirements for this position please refer to the role description.
About Torres and Cape Hospital and Health Services visit TCHHS website ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/torres-cape )
How do I apply? Applications should be submitted ONLINE via the Smart Jobs and Careers website.
Do you need more information? Simply call the contact person listed on the role description.
Please no unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies