Working in the Torres Strait and Northern Peninsula is more than a job, it is a great opportunity to challenge yourself, become an integral member of the local community, develop collaborative relationships with other health professionals and be a part of making a difference to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health outcomes by providing comprehensive GP health services. You will work as a GP rural generalist across Primary Health Clinics and Bamaga Hospital and become a part of the supportive medical team of the TCHHS North with great education, supervision and collegiate environment.
- Job Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full-time
- Location: Cairns region,Far North Qld
- Yearly Salary: $155589 – $214897
- Contact Name: Mauragh Harbert
- Contact Number:
- Closing Date: 19-FEB-21
Tell me more….
Senior Medical Officer, based at Bamaga, provide general practice care to Bamaga primary health centres and emergency department and inpatient services including after hours at Bamaga Hospital. A member of a dynamic health care team that provides quality and culturally appropriate medical services, making a significant contribution to improving the health of the local population. Participate in the building of a primary health team to invest in preventive health measures to keep our communities healthy.
To be successful in this role you will have:
– Competence and capability in primary rural medical practice (particularly hospital-based practice and/or primary health) and in the relevant advanced skill(s) if appointed as a Rural Generalist or Provisional Fellow.
– Demonstrated skill in trauma management, general and emergency medicine.
– Ability to function in a multidisciplinary team and to provide leadership within the team.
– Experience in education and training of medical staff and/or medical students.
– High level of communication skills in clinical practice and corporate functions.
If this sounds like the right fit for you, Torres and Cape can offer you:
– Remuneration to $447 769 – basesalary between $155 589 – $214 897 p.a
– Employer contribution to superannuation (12.75%)
Requirements for the role:
– Registration as a Medical Practitioner with the Medial Board of Australia.
– Undergo credentialing and scope of clinical practice process in accordance with TCHHS policy.
– Appointment as a Rural Generalist (Level 18-Level 25) or Provisional Fellow (Level 13-Level 14)
For additional information regarding this position please refer to the role description.
About Torres and Cape Hospital and Health Services visit TCHHS website
How do I apply? Applications should be submitted ONLINE via the Smart Jobs and Careers website.
Do you need more information? Simply call the contact person listed on the role description.
Please no unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies