OB Mining Recruitment
negotiable / month
- Opportunity to be part of the commissioning team
- In time to be part of commissioning and the first gold pour
Ora Banda Mining (ASX: OBM) is a uniquely positioned gold exploration and development company as 100% owner of the Davyhurst Gold Project in the highly productive eastern goldfields region of Western Australia.
After completing over 50,000 metres of drilling, Ora Banda Mining has more than 23 million tonnes of surface and underground resources at an average grade of 2.7 grams per tonne. Refurbishment of the processing plant commences during the third quarter of this year; commissioning works start during the fourth quarter of this year, and first gold will be poured in the first quarter of 2021.
Davyhurst is located 120 km north-west of Kalgoorlie. The region is host to multiple gold deposits with OBM currently carrying a total resource of 2.0 M oz at an average grade of 2.6 g/t Au. Our tenements are also highly prospective for Nickel and Copper.
In preparation for the start up of the Davyhurst Gold Project, applications are sought from experienced Senior Metallurgists to join the team at Ora Banda.
The responsibilities of this role will include:
- Ensure that all activities are carried out to the highest standard of safety in accordance with Company policies and workplace safety and environmental regulations.
- Assisting with the process plant and laboratory commissioning to ensure a smooth transition into production.
- Manage the technical aspects of the operational processing areas.
- Manage process inputs – reagent supply, key consumables and liners.
- Develop operating strategies and targets to achieve maximum benefit from plant throughput, gold recovery and operating costs.
- Recruit and supervise and mentor plant metallurgist and processing personnel.
- Establish and maintain a metallurgical accounting system.
- Provide technical input into business plans and safety systems.
- Monitor key equipment to ensure performance, components and alternatives are optimised.
- Monitor performance and plant reliability.
- Coordinate with the maintenance team to optimise plant reliability and shutdown schedule.
To be considered for the role, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualified in Metallurgy, Process Engineering or Chemical Engineering
- Significant mineral processing experience in a gold processing operation
- Previous experience in a senior metallurgy / leadership capacity
- Technically astute
- Effective written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Initiative and team building skills
- Driver’s license (C Class, manual car)
Our ideal candidates for this role will also be able to demonstrate;
- Experience developing systems and reporting procedures, including reconciliation reporting
- Commissioning experience
- Practical experience working with Citect
- Candidates must be domiciled and eligible to work in Australia (without requiring sponsorship) to be considered for employment by Ora Banda Mining.
- Due to the current travel restrictions into Western Australia, interstate candidates should identify their availability to relocate to Western Australia to undertake this role until these restrictions are lifted.
Further information about Ora Banda Mining is available on the Company’s website
To be considered for this role, please forward your CV and a covering letter by following the APPLY NOW PROMPTS.
Shortlisting and recruitment of this role will commence immediately.
Recruitment Consultancies are respectfully requested not to submit applications for this role. Candidates will be considered via direct application only.